Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mumble grumble grrr

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:39 pm

trying hard not to laugh himself, he Leans over to Hetty and whispers, "I believe he may be referring to a whore house, where men pay for the pleasure of a woman's company." He says with emphasis on the word. Before turning his attention back to Cole, "Cole, you mentioned your friend the Iron Dragon...was he..a person...human I mean?"
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 11:39 am

"Of course he was human and master of the dragon breath technique, and he could use his chi to increase his natural toughness, earning him the name and title of the Iron Dragon....Plus he felt it sounded...intimidating." Cole explains, "Sensie  wanted to call him the Iron Bull, The joke.: He laughs to himself, "imagining herds of cattle in fields of iron, but then he worried it fits."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 am

At Shard's clarification Hetty's cheeks blush. "Oh. Yes, I suppose that would make some sense..."

Turning her attention to Cole's words the scholar side of her brain takes over. "What's the dragon breath technique? I would assume it involves a stream of fire."

She almost asks if the Iron Bull bit is referring to what she thinks it is in reference to; but decides she doesn't want to know. Sometimes ignorance is it's own kind of bliss.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 3:00 am

Shard's brow furrows, "You mentioned something about a demon when you first arrived. Was that also a man? Or an actual demon?" Shard asks, with the thought of him might being semi responsible for bringing Cole to their world, being as he was showing off his rift abilities with Hetty, days just days before he arrived.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Smiling at Hetty's question "The technique is not dissimilar from my flaming fist technique, except the user could infuse his very breath with fire, allowing him to act much like the mythological dragons of old, breathing fire up to a distance of eight meters, hot enough to melt iron. Made him most respected , but still he lost against the demon....Or so I believe, I never actually saw him fall."

Turning to Shard, "The demon isn't what you believe, but he is very old, kept alive and young through his dark Chi. He hunts down different masters when they begin falling from their peak, and he finds them, challenges them, when he kills them, he steals their jujitsu's and power before he kills them. Him and I fought after the moon had reached its peak until the the dawn light began to peak up through the world just as I had fallen. the demon was about to end me, when a flash brought me here."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:38 am

"So your coming here may have very well saved your life Cole. And I'm happy to have you here with us, strangeness and all and I'll do whatever I can to help you get back there and avenge or save your friends." Glancing in the direction of the serving girl, he grins, "Unless of course you decide to stay and ask the lady out." He says nodding in the direction of the girl who kept glancing in his direction.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Cole oblivious to Shard's clues, "No, i believe Hetty tingles for you and you her." He sighs, "You keep speaking of my home, but why did you leave your home friend Shard?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Hetty is still musing over the Chi concept and manifestations of power. "I would imagine your fireball technique may be a more reliable tool than the Flaming Breath. One's lungs can only hold so much air and it would be a useless power if the breath was knocked out of him. But then I suppose that is why other skill-sets are practiced as well."

Cole's statement is said as she is mid-sip on her second mug of coffee, causing a coughing fit as the steaming beverage goes down the wrong pipe. Excusing herself between coughs, she rushes to the kitchen in search of water.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:25 am

Shard's features harden briefly before taking a tense breath, "Many who know me, or of my kind already know the answer to that. I left my home to save it and to walk away, just watch it sink and perish with all of my kind."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:34 am

Glancing around the room Anna Maria takes in the mood. Judging by Shards body language she passes on getting involved in whatever that discussion is about. Based on her experiences with Cole, Anna has faith he'll be able to smooth over whatever's going on there.

Noting Allyisters nearly empty glass Anna steps behind the bar. Pulling out a pitcher of orange juice she gives him a refill. "I appreciate your help last night."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Cole frowns, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you friend Shard, but It was more...it was the man with your eyes...angry, walking on cobblestones, 'I'm on my own now'"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Allyister

Looking up from his meal. "Thank you, and it was of little trouble, I managed to sell the public on some drunken celebration that got a little out of control, that is all. But it is I who should be thanking you for gifting me this morning with your breath taking presence and warm smile."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Not certain if Cole was referring to him, or prince Kodo, Shard's brow furrows, "Digging around in my head again, are you?" He asks, with a pinch of humor in his tone.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Considering her morning has been spent relocating half of the kitchen and playing in dirt, Anna assumes her most charming asset at this moment is the pleasant smell of herbs that has permeated her clothing. But she's not one to turn down a complement.

"Well the most convincing lies are those that have an element of truth. I do recall a fairly significant amount of drunken celebration last night. And speaking of things that typically warrant some form of celebration; there is the matter of a contract hanging between us. Do let me know when you'd like to review my edits."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Bowing his head slightly, "I'm sorry friend Shard, I didn't mean to harm you, I'm just trying to understand so I can help."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 pm

"it's Cole..." Shard says, mumbling, "Its just like inviting someone over to your house and finding them going through you underwear drawer and asking you about them." then looking back up at Cole, while wondering where Hetty had gotten himself, he says, "Tell me Cole, how do you know the things you know, at time it's like you know more than you should."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Allyister

"I am free whenever you are to discuss the matter, we can do it now, or after our night out on the town if you so desire it."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Both options have their merits. Specifically, depending on how clear his head is after this evening could very much put some bits in her favor... however that advantage could very easily work both ways. It is a gamble Anna is not willing to take.

"As I believe I mentioned earlier; I prefer not to mix business with pleasure. Meet me in my sitting room once you've finished enjoying your breakfast and we will continue our discussion in more private surroundings."

As she passes through the room towards the stairs Anna pauses at the table Cole and Shard are occupying. Not sure how long Hetty's unexpected task will take, she figures it is a good opportunity to prevent any unnecessary interruptions.

"Good morning gentlemen. Mr. Gallows, in light of the current level of chaos which has been raining down upon the inn, I would appreciate if you not distract Hetty from the work she has been hired to preform. At least put off your wooing until she has a break. Our safety is rather important. I'm sure you'd agree." Her tone is faintly amused, not interested in causing a stir or meddling in the lives of others.

Figuring that should at least buy Hetty the rest of the morning, Anna moves along and up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:28 am

Cole shrugs, "It's strange and different here, it's like dipping into someone's mind and taking a drink, but it has to hurt, or...confuse, and I eel the need to help."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Allyister Smiles and gives Anna a polite nod, "As you wish." He says before she leaves him to his breakfast which he finishes. And graciously pays for his meal, leaving a very generous tip for the serving woman. Before standing and straightening his clothes.

He turns and walks to the stairs stopping briefly at Shard still sitting on the arm of the chair conversing with Cole. "I suggest you respect the ladies wishes Mr. Gallows." He says giving him a sinister smile, before heading for the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Making a mental list of what she needs to do sooner rather than later, Hetty wanders back into the room on auto-pilot to the still occupied table unaware that she is muttering items on her list under her breath.

Seating herself in the chair she had previously occupied either ignoring or not registering the fact Shard has remained on his perch, she flips through her journal for a particular page. To any bystander it just looks like she is reading out of her book while her mind is really elsewhere, tracing the paths of the spells running through the inn looking for weak spots before weaving her own magic in to strengthen those areas.

Taking a sip of coffee, Hetty blinks and makes a face at the very cold liquid. "Goodness that is putrid!" Hetty motions to a serving girl for something, anything, else. "I should switch to tea anyway. What time is it?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Shard leans back in his chair, first his brow furrowing at Anna's request, followed by his hackles raising at Allyister's comment, before glancing at Cole, "It's like they don't know me at all."

Glancing over at Hetty, he frowns, "You know I can warm that up....or rather...." He glances at Cole, "He can," He says with a friendly grin. "But I believe it is almost noon..." He trails off leaning towards Hetty. "Btw guard your thoughts, this one can...take a dip into your mind evidently."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:22 am

"Have you ever had reheated coffee Shard? Why torture myself if fresh is available. But it's past my coffee drinking portion of the day anyway. I'll just have to settle on some tea." Her eyes take a moment to focus having been staring at nothing for so long both in the kitchen and out here. It is already looking like a nap will be had this day.

Raising an eyebrow at his observation of Cole's abilities Hetty gives Shard a smile that parents usually reserve for their children that just finished a puzzle. "Fortunately I have protection against such things. Though I very much doubt if Cole can read our thoughts, that he intends to intrude. Most of what he is reading is body language and auras. Am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:28 am

Shrugging, "Touche my dear," he says with a warm smile, " before pulling a pouch off his belt and holding it out to her. "Take a quarter of these, tea leaves from my home, they have many positive affects on both the body and the mind."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:05 am

Taking the pouch, Hetty gives Shard a slightly tired and very genuine smile. "Sorry, I get a little grumpy after doing a lot of magic. Thank you for the tea. I am sure it will work wonders for my moral and save many people from my wrath." The last bit was said jokingly with a wink.

The serving girl arrives with Hetty's tea fixings. Rather than use the offered mix, she places a bit of Shard's mix in the steaming water filling the small teapot to seep. "You look like you could use a bit of it yourself. Did I miss something while I was gone?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mumble grumble grrr
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: