Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mumble grumble grrr

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hetty

Hetty

Mumble grumble grrr Empty
PostSubject: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Glad to see the room is fairly empty and mostly quiet, Hetty settles at her usual table by the large stone fireplace. The serving girl is quick to bring her coffee and a small plate of breakfast items to nibble on, knowing better than to attempt polite conversation.

After taking a sip of the steaming beverage, Hetty opens a worn notebook and gets to work.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 4:58 pm

(OOC: Sorry I completely lost track of where Cole was, it's been a bit crazy with being out of town for the Holidays.)

Barefoot and dressed today in sleevless black Ge shirt and matching pants, Cole makes his way downstairs. His bright eyes scanning the room, spotting a friendly face, he walks over to Hetty and takes a seat across from her, but sits crossing both his eyes, and closes his eyes prefer to meditate near a friend then by the strangers who he strongly suspected wanted to rob or cheat him.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:31 am

(OOC: No worries, we were all a bit distracted. You didn't miss much. Smile )

Hetty glances up as Cole joins her. Her eyes narrow at the prospect of having to endur chatter this early but is pleasantly surprised by his choice to meditate. Thrilled that there are still people with sense and self preservation skills in this world, she returns to nursing her coffee and her notebook.

Those that know her well tend to wait until she is well into her second cup before braving conversation in the morning. Serious discussions are best left until she broaches the topic or late morning- whichever comes first.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Cole finds himself soon approached by one of the tavern's serving girl's who seems momentarily distracted by his well muscled physique and bare shoulders and arms.

"Um sir, would you like a drink or something to eat?" She asks after a beat. Cole opens his eyes and glances over to Hetty, then to her mug and her small plate of food.

"I'll have what she's having." He says, not entirely familiar with this world and it's customs."

The serving girl nods, and turns to fetch his order when she hesitates and turns back to Cole,

"Beg your pardon Mr...Ambrose..."

"Cole is fine," He says politely.

"Cole." The girl corrects looking to his light clothing. "Aren't you chilly?"

"Chilly?" Cole repeats, "I don't know this word."
"It's much warmer where you're from, isn't it? Don't you feel cold?" She asks.
"I suppose," Cole answers with a small shrug.
"I don't imagine we can find a cloak in your size, can we? Hmmm..." She thinks to herself.
"What?" Cole asks, arching a brow at her.
"Nothing. Nothing, don't mind me. Now, I wonder where I could get a skein of good wool yarn..." Says the girl as she turns away from Cole, "I'll be back with you order Cole."
Cole shrugs and resumes closing his eyes to continue his meditation, this world was so different from his own.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:03 am

Catching the last part of their exchange Hetty hides her grin behind her coffee mug.

Taking a piece of apple from her plate she nibbles on the tart fruit as she stares the wall of the inn closest to their table. Hetty's eyes drift out of focus as she examines the properties in the woodwork that are more magical in nature. Every now and then she jots a note in the small leather-bound journal.

Seeing the serving girl making her way back with Cole's breakfast, Hetty busies herself with reviewing what she has written, entertained by the girl's attempts at flirting.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:22 am

Cole smiles and nods his thanks to the girl, accepting the coffee, the plate first which he sets on the table before him, followed by the coffee, which he sips and his eyes practically bulge out. "This is...strong," he grimaces, not keen on the taste, but now wishing he had the foresight to ask for tea. Then noticing the girl is still watching him.

"Why do you stare at me so?" He asks, putting the coffee aside, and already feeling as though he would never be able to sleep again from the first sip.

The girl blushes and bowing her head, "I beg your pardon, I didn't mean to stare...I just never saw anyone quite like you before."

Cole nods, "I took no offence, but you could blink every once in a while, I'll still be here." Hoping the girl wouldn't take offense, but finding someone stare at him unblinking for several minutes made him feel strangely uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:07 am

Making his way sleepily down stairs, being careful not to move too much being as his ribs were still bruised, but thankfully his leg felt better and he could walk normally. Finding both Cole and Hetty sitting nearby he makes his way over to the table, stopping briefly at the blushing serving girl.
"Excuse me, I would like some very black, very strong coffee if it's available."

She nods and Shard smirks at the sight of her glancing back at Cole before hurrying away to get his order.

"Good morning Cole, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I found a small wooden fox on my bed this morning, was that you?"
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Cole looks to Shard with a confused expression, "I'm not a small wooden fox," He says sampling some of the breakfast items from his plate, finding them very fitting for his taste buds.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Hetty snorts with laughter at Cole's response to the girl's lack of blinking and tries to mask her giggles with coughing. Shards inturruption gives her the opportunity to get her amusement back under control, not wishing to offend Cole.

Hetty wonders if he was schooled or trained in an area with few or no females; or if his world is so different that they don't share the same types of flirtation.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Shard sighs and half smiles at Cole's answer. "Okay, I walked into that one, I meant did you leave you it there?" He asks as the serving girl returns with his coffee. "Bless the maker for you." He says accepting the coffee from her and giving her a small bow, catching her checking out Cole again before turning away blushing. Making a note to see if Cole was aware of how women flirt later.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Allyister makes his way downstairs, intentionally avoiding shard and the others making a deliberate path to the bar, where he finds an empty seat and takes the stool where he orders a hearty breakfast and a glass of orange juice.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Cole smiles and takes a piece of fruit from his plate. "Yes, I couldn't make one with wheels though, I'm sorry. i wanted to thank you for your help." He says, glancing down down at his new clothes. "You're clever, and quick much like a fox..." Cole then blinks as he glances off in the direction of the serving girl as he pops a piece of fruit into his mouth. "Shard, am I handsome?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:45 pm

Shard very nearly spits out his coffee at Cole's question. "Are you what?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:54 pm

The look on Shard's face causes Hetty to break out in a fresh fit of muffled laughter. Gaining some control of herself she smiles to Cole.

"As a woman I can assure you that yes, you are handsome. I can also confirm that the young lady seems most interested in you."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:06 am

Cole shrugs at Shard. "I have heard other women talk about you being handsome, others have said, you know how handsome you are. So I was wondering if I was considered to be handsome as well. I can't tell. I grew up in mostly solitude and in a school of martial arts in mostly seclusion." turning to Hetty he looks bashful and returns her smile. "Thank you, you are most kind."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:05 pm

"Yes, you may want to consider the no sleeves look." Shard says, taking a drink of his coffee, turning to Hetty with a smile, " Good morning to the light of my world, the music in my heart and the first thought of my day. Good Morning My Dear Hetty."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:53 pm

"Cole darling, don't give Shard a bigger head than he already has. You're going to give him ideas of grandeur." she jokes with a grin. "And you're welcome."

Smiling up to Shard Hetty shakes her head amused. She doubts the words, but appreciates the sentiment. "Good morning. You seem very much refreshed."

Figuring she may as well enjoy her breakfast as she has company at her table rather than pick at it per usual, Hetty flips the journal closed and moves the plate in its place. Picking up a piece of cheese she nibbles on it.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:23 pm

"Well other then receiving very little sleep and being assigned two very similar but very different tasks and not knowing if I can do either, I'm doing rather splendid! I mean, it's already nine am and no one, and nothing has tried to kill me yet, so it's been all good things, and of course any day I see your lovely smile is always a bonus."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Cole glances down at his bare arms, "But sleeves bind my arms and can too easily be used against me when fighting..." He trails off looking around the inn. "But I see your point, most of these men are quite small and would be of little threat to me....But I still don't like sleeves."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Placing her elbows on the table in a most unladylike fashion, she rests her palms against her forehead and sighs dramatically. "Now you've done it. You've tempted fate and more monsters will now surely rain down upon us!"

Hetty laces her fingers together and rests her chin upon them, giving Shard a wink. "You know Cole, you could always just loosen up the stitching a bit on the sleeves and if someone or thing grabs a hold they'll just rip off. Comfort can be functional. Though the weather is rather pleasant at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:37 pm

"Then again being as you often set your hands on fire, you may want to consider something as simple as shorter sleeves." Shard adds, snatching a piece of cheese from Cole's plate and popping it into his mouth. "But thank you for the carving," He says, taking a seat on the arm of Hetty's chair. "But out of curiosity, what do you prefer when it comes to intimacy?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Hetty leans to the side so she can gaze up at Shard, a baffled look on her face. "That is a very personal question Mr. Gallows. People in polite society don't typically request the sexual orientation of someone they only recently met during idle breakfast conversation."

Going for her coffee she mumbles, "At least wait until they're a drink or two in." Sipping the hot beverage she flips open one of her books and studies the page.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Nodding he leans conspiringly towards Hetty and whispers, "He's not making you figurines, and asking you how handsome he is." Leaning back he thinks over his response, and quickly leans back to her ear. "Not that I think it's wrong or anything, just not right for me personally."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 11:30 am

Cole laughs, "In my world no one cares about one's sexual preference. But I am attracted to women..." He trails off as if lost in thought, "Although once my friend the Iron Dragon took me to a place where I was introduced to a woman named Candy...She was nice, She danced. Then I untangled the hurt that made her angry at her mother. So I helped her write a letter to send back home. She said I could call her Marguerite, the name didn't hurt anymore....My friend the iron dragon then muttered something about the coins being well spent...I sensed he was upset though, it was strange."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Rolling her eyes at Shard (and laughing on the inside) she continues her reading, though listens with half an ear.

Having had a more sheltered upbringing, Hetty is not acquainted with the more exotic or carnal areas of entertainment. "I don't see why someone would be upset if you helped a woman mend relations with her family. Perhaps he was just disappointed that he couldn't take the credit."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr Empty

Back to top Go down

Mumble grumble grrr
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: