Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand new day

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hetty

Hetty

Brand new day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Appreciating the support she leans against him, still in a bit of shock. "You would be correct. It is not something I would like to revisit."

Staring at the mess but not really seeing it she focuses on breathing for a few moments.

"I really do not want to say this but I think it has to be voiced. This... thing... it re-spawned once before. I think we should work under the assumption that it could do so again. Perhaps turning the bits to ash may be effective? Though I'm afraid that is not a skill I possess."

At the mention of ash she recalls Anna's question as she ran past Hetty earlier. "Anna Maria ran that way," she points up the stairs. "She mentioned something about a fireball..."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:46 pm

"I think Annie's got a gun," Shard mutters, giving Hetty a gentle squeeze and staring out over the mess. "But I think you kinda liquefied it, so I think we may be good on that front. But I could try a spell or two, but is the Inn protected against a small controlled fire?"

Then giving her a playful bump, he touches her chin and pulls her face towards her's. "But you did good, I think you saved a lot of lives, mine including, which I'm very fond of having...Although lately I seem to have be a magnet for strange and scary monsters. But if this thing would have gotten away, no telling how many it could have, would have killed. My arrows barely even slowed it. You saved us all I think. Also I think that critter got me a little and I may be unintentionally bleeding on you a little."

Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:12 am

Meeting Shards eyes she smiles weakly. “I just wasn’t expecting liquefaction. Your arrows may not have done anything but whatever Anna did made an impression. That’s what got its attention away from you.”

Seeing as the inn hasn’t gone up in a blaze since Anna asked her about the fireball and it’s primarily wooden structure that has been standing for hundreds of years, there must be something woven in the spells that reduces the risk of fires.

“I think if your target is the remains you should be ok. And yes, you look a bit damaged. I think there is a doctor a block or so away if you’d like me to help get you there after the remains destruction experiment."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:42 pm

"I would love your aid, and let me try something with these remains, I'm usually just casting my arrows in flames, but this shouldn't be too different." He says, turning away from her to look on about the grisly remains of the creature's decorating of the inn. "Ignis infra et adolebit ea cruenta reliquias ex oculis nostris saecula!" And as he finishes the incantation, small fires spark and appear everywhere the creatures remains lay and begin to burn away the remaining parts of it, leaving behind the putrid scent of burnt skin and pine cones.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Sticking her head into the tap room Anna Maria’s nose wrinkles as the smell of burnt flesh reaches her. Her eyes catch up to the smell as she spots the little flames almost panicking until she realizes the wood underneath is unharmed. She’ll ask later. Right now, she does not want to know.

Spotting the two sitting on the stairs the breath she didn’t realize she was holding is expelled. “If you are capable of moving I need help in the kitchen.”
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Looking to Hetty, "It would appear my Doctor's visit would have to wait." reluctantly climbing to his feet he squeezes Hetty's shoulder before stepping down the stairs, stopping at the doorway before turning to the flames and seeing there were done, he shouts "Extinguish!" Turning back to Anna he motions for her to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:38 pm

"I'm sure she would not ask for help if it isn't something that is necessary. Miss. Barton seems like a do-it-herself kind of woman."

Standing she picks her way around the room, avoiding the bits of splatter and pockets of flame while trying not to breath in too deeply. Passing Shard she enters the bright, sunlit kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Following, "You don't suppose she made us breakfast as a reward for saving the Inn do you?" Shark asks as he follows behind Hetty, not ashamed to let his eyes wonder a bit.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:21 pm

Walking down the stairs slowly Anna surveys the damage for the first time, her eyes taking in the piles of ash and blood splatter. Despite the mess, the inn itself doesn't look as banged up as she had expected; a silver lining.

Seeing Hetty's purchase from earlier on the floor, she picks up the heavy bag and places it behind the bar for safekeeping. Spotting their furry friend, Anna pulls a few nuts from a bin kept for customers to snack on and places the morsels in front of Mighty, giving him a little scratch behind his ears.

Having put off work long enough, Anna pulls a broom from the closet beneath the stairs and begins to slowly work her way around the room, sweeping the ash into piles for disposal.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:29 pm

She dislikes how quite the inn is. The room is normally filled with chatter, and on more lively evenings music and maybe even a bit of dancing. Trying to fill up some of the emptiness she hums softly, scooping the ash piles in a bin.

Ready to tackle the blood splatter she grabs a bucket of soapy water from the kitchen. Seeing everything back in its place makes her pause and her mouth twists into a wry smile.

Returning to the main room Anna continues the never-ending task of restoring order, on her hands and knees scrubbing blood. No wonder her Aunt always complained of achy knee joints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand new day
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: