Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Friends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Finally able to dig her heels in enough to stall Charlotte's determined walk into town, Anna waits for a break in the other woman's chatter. "This is not the best time for me to go prancing around the town for kick-nacks Char. I thought you were supposed to be in New York for some show or another?" With how the starlet's career has been going, her presence here is more than a little surprising.

Seeing that they are right by a men's clothing shop Anna figures at least the trip further into town isn't going to be a waste. She still needs to get something a little more appropriate for Luca, replace Shard's probably destroyed pants, and find something a touch more appropriate for Jason. Perhaps the inn should be restructured as a halfway house for boys.

Her arm still entwined with Charlotte's, she turns the tables and begins dragging the other woman into the shop.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Seeing where Maria is headed, Charlotte gives the woman a baffled look. "This explains your shoddy clothes at least. You do know there are shops for women right darling?" She gives a pointed look towards the pants and boots Anna is currently wearing.

As they walk in the men in the shop all look towards her, and she in turn flashes each a bright smile. Releasing Anna from her grasp, Charlotte immediately starts perusing the racks of fabric. "I was asked to play the lead in a show starting here next month. The script if fantastic and the director has promised to give me a rather large amount of creative freedom so I thought, why not? It was time for me to come back to Europe for a bit. You, my dear, still have not answered my own question."

Taking a tie from a rack she goes to one of the gentleman having his attire altered, removing the dreadful one currently adorning his neck and replacing it with her own selection. "Much better."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyWed May 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Ignoring Charlotte's dig at her rather practical clothing considering recent events, Anna does her own digging through the racks. Not being terribly picky on her selections, she pulls an assortment of clothing together and places the pieces on the counter for the clerk to ring up.

Purchases made, Anna leaves the shop, trusting the other woman won't be far behind. Continuing down the street at a relaxed pace, she keeps a wary eye out for any signs of trouble. "Ownership of the inn was passed down to me last year and I am currently doing what innkeeper's do and running it. Does that answer your question sufficiently?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyWed May 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Charlotte give's the man's tie a final tweak before blowing him a kiss and following Anna out the door. Once again taking the other woman's arm in hers, she opens the frilly parasol she carries, providing them both with a measure of protection against the bright sun.

"My my, aren't we salty? One would think being surrounded by such strong handsome men would be a rather enjoyable treat. If that is the type of clientele the hospitality industry can garner I may even be tempted to dabble in it."

Recalling the state of the White Wolf Inn she is forced to reconsider that particular avenue of entertainment. "But then I may actually be required to do actual work on occasion so never mind that thought."

As they round a corner the goal of their little outing is spotted. Mannequins dressed in the latest fashions from Paris fill the tall display windows which wistful women passing by gaze at, knowing such an extravagant purchase would be well beyond their means. As they approach the door to the boutique, an employee from the shop swiftly opens the door, holding it for both women. Sensing the protest Anna is bound to make Charlotte cuts her off at the pass. "As I said. My treat."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 12:02 am

Anna Maria eyes the store with a mixture of amusement and weariness. "It's appreciated but unnecessary. I'll end up destroying anything from here within a matter of hours. I assure you Char, there is clothing tucked at the back of my closet that even you would be satisfied with."

Her words apparently have no effect on Charlotte's determination and Anna reluctantly lets the woman drag her into the shop. Knowing she's pretty much stuck until the woman has finished her mission of the moment she settles herself in a chair that looks nicer than it feels. Anna watches as the shop girls bustle around, trying to find something that will meet Charlotte's expectations. It's a sight she would have been entertained by normally, but with the threat on the inn and the lives of those surrounding it being on rather shaky ground lately, her interest in the frivolous subject is lacking.

Just as she is eyeing the various exits in the room and weighing which would be the easiest to sneak out of, Anna is pulled out of the chair and politely shoved into a dressing room to weed through what is deemed acceptable by Charlotte.

The rather tedious process is made downright unpleasant as one of the girls pulls tight the laces of a rather intricate corset, reminding the innkeeper that her mostly healed ribs are still on the tender side. It signals the end of Anna's patience with this whole endeavor. Faking a smile for the girl she steps into the main room, knowing Charlotte's standards well enough to determine it will suffice.

"This will have to do. I need to get back to the inn and I'm sure everyone at the theater is just dying to meet with you now that you're here."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Charlotte looks up from the array of intricately painted fans she had been examining as Anna steps out of the dressing room. Nodding with approval she gives herself a mental pat on the back.

"Very well, choose work over fun." Her eyes sparkle as she teases the other woman. "I suppose you are right. My adoring fans are probably watching the theater windows with bated breath."

Walking to the proprietor of the shop, Charlotte pulls the funds from a coin purse secured within the many folds of her gown, handing the money to him with a promise that she will return in the future. Picking a fan she had admired from it's display, the actress snaps it open and strolls out of the shop towards the theater, giving Anna a quick kiss on the cheek as she walks out. "Ta-ta!"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 11:25 pm

Watching Charlotte leave Anna lets out the breath she didn't know she was holding. Locating the bags from her earlier purchase she leaves the shop to return to what security the inn offers. As the innkeeper travels through the streets her eyes keep watch for anything even slightly out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Old Friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Friends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: Surrounding Areas :: Tinkerton Village-
Jump to: