Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Busy Work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 12:57 am

Having no desire to go back downstairs and deal with the ruin of her bar, Anna instead makes her way back through the hole in the wall to the balcony overlooking the backyard. She's not sure what condition the lawn and slightly forested region of the inn's property is going to be in- only that it's probably a mess.

Leaning against the railing she eyes the broken ground. At least the well seems to be in decent shape. While it isn't exactly in use, it's still a nice (and original) feature of the property. What is destroyed isn't anything that can't be beautified rather easily. She guesses it wouldn't be too hard to get Shard to work a little magic and do a little natural landscaping.

Not relishing the idea of going back inside, Anna enjoys the fresh air for a bit longer. At this rate everyone will probably try their hardest to let her get even this far out of the building for fear of more attacks.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 1:16 am

Creature Delta
Busy Work 335_0413
Climbing stealthily up onto the balcony, wearing only a pair of ragged pants.
it leans against the opposite wall with it's arms crossed. And begins speaking far more elegantly than it would appear to do so.

"Miss Keeper of the Inn....you look dreadful.....But if it's all the same, I would like to exchange words." It speaks, with its voice sounding low and raspy.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 am

Frowning at the... whatever it is... addressing her, Anna has seen too much today to be anything more than mildly curious. Not bothering to adjust her position, she motions at it to continue.

"I'm listening. And for the record you aren't winning any beauty contests either." Under normal circumstances she would be offended. Today has strayed far from normal.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 1:50 am

He dismisses Anna's perceived insults with a bored twirl of it's arm towards the sky. "Define beauty," He asks, before shaking his head. "No, I'd rather not hear such about such pointless subject." He says, "For lack of the better term...I'm one of the creature's offshoots, the remainder of us have evolved into single minds, no longer is father us, nor can he control us." He explains, flexing his jaw. "those of us that remain, have are now different....father has power and strength, but limited intelligence...plus father is always hungry, filled with the need to kill whomever sees it. But I know it has approached one of you, in the offerance of a deal."

It says walking over to the banister, gripping it with both hands as it peer out over the garden.
"I don't want to die, or become a part of it again. Which is why it wishes you to kill us, then to eat us. This cannot happen. I desire to explore and be free.. You cannot kill father. I don't think father can be killed. I was it for centuries, I remember it as if it were me, not it in control. but unlike it, I'm not always hungry. I hunger yes, so I ate that fellow in the garden. but unlike father, I can choose my evolution. Not like father who adapts, becoming more killer."

He turns to Anna then.
"Don't do this thing father has suggested. Don't hunt us, don't kill us, don't let him eat us..." He says. Crossing his arms again.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 am

"As I wasn't around for the making of said arrangement, I can't really speak to the nature of the deal. Though I do know it sounded like a him or you kind of situation. Assuming I agree with you in this matter what is to stop your father from eating me? Or attacking my inn? What benefit would there be in aiding you... Excluding risking getting killed during the whole business of hunting down and killing you and your siblings. Which, to be honest, we've been too busy to even consider doing anyway thus far."

She looks at this creature from the corner of her eye for any indication of what it may be thinking as she considers how smart it may be. It surely has more intelligence then the last thing she killed.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Delta
"What's to stop father?" He asks, in return. "Father has made this place a hunting ground and I have not." He says simply. "But I see the conflict. So let me offer you this, Kill the the others, they're too much like father." Glancing back at the Inn's garden. "I'll be willing to help you with these recent intruders, among them, one should be passable for me and give that as offering to father. No reason we can't all get what we want."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Anna considers the offer. It would take a little bit of weight off of her shoulders and extra protection for the inn is not something to scoff at. "In the event that you are able to find something passable in appearance, do you truly believe it will fool your father? You know him better then me so I would be placing a great deal of trust in your judgement."

Yup. She should have stopped after the first shot of tequila. This is either going to be a fabulous partnership or bring the creature's wrath down upon her. Anna isn't the religious sort but sending a prayer up to the powers that be that she is leaning towards a semi decent decision that will increase the lifespans of those living within her inn seems like the right thing to do in this instance.

"I am inclined to take you up on your offer if it doesn't lead to your father eating me."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 12:33 am

"You've seen father," he says with a flick of his wrist, "not the brightest bulb in the Inn, and father wants us dead because father can't sense, feel, or control us anymore. It makes father... Anxious, father doesn't like competition or the man of darkness. Father fears that man, and the park where he's been carved in stone. Man of darkness was the first to defeat father, hurting father multiple times. Came close to even destroying father entirely... Before man of darkness became consumed and nearly killed his own friends... Before your... Ellizzzzzabetth,managed to save the man of darkness from the power within." Delta explains.

Delta then nods, "I can only help in small to fight father. I cannot eat father. Father is original, prime, father would make me no more, and become me. I'm new, yet old to this world. My memories of being father are random, bits and pieces, fading as I grow more apart, learn and evolve. Father is apex, I believe father will be the last living being. Father is alone, had friend once, another beast, similar but different... The man of fire and, the small man, and the other one like silver hair man killed it. Father goes back to being alone. I don't like being alone.." It says turning to look back at the garden. "Don't know how I feel about...people. They scream and run, some try to hurt me, but I hurt them worse. Ate them. I don't understand father's taste. People taste like meat, all meat same....but still must have it fresh. Stole what servants called roast from down stairs. Stringy, oddly dry but not. I didn't like it. They it some.... Small, weak Children. Called me a name, I didn't listen and left them to the roast. They made strange noises as they tore into it... It was strange..."

Last edited by StoryTeller on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:06 am

Delta's information is surprisingly interesting; especially regarding Shadow. That could come in handy. "If your trick works then I am thrilled to have your help. Just don't eat the guests I do want."

Not wanting this to nip her in the ass later Anna decides a bit more caution may be necessary under the present circumstances. "I am going to err on the side of caution and limit who knows about this little arrangement so your father is less likely to find out about it."

Not wishing to put her Mage in any additional danger she believes keeping Hetty out of this loop may be best... And Shard knowing will depend on his ability to keep a secret. Anna doesn't have high hopes on that one. Allyister however may find this to be an interesting ally- though this new development doesn't change the particular requirement the creature has about his presence at the inn. Which reminds her about the talk she still has not had with Mr. Cain.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:11 am

Delta
Gives her a roll of his eyes. "Your....wanted guest have nothing to fear unless they harm me. Then I offer no guarantees about their safety."

Turning to face her, he offers her his hand. "I believe this is how your kind make agreements is it not?"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:27 am

"It is..." About to shake Delta's hand Anna pauses. Figuring she probably should touch on the topic of Allyister considering he may be in on this information, she pauses for a second, not really sure if she wants to know the answer to what she's about to ask.

"Your father isn't fond of one of my guests. Do you harbor a similar aversion to Mr. Cain? I should also probably know what to call, you."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:41 am

Delta
Smiling, "You must speak of the souless one, with the demon energy. Yes, Father hates him, does not fear. But weary of. father knows this man you call Cain desires Father's power. This would would hurt father greatly, but it would make souless man...stronger then a man should me. He'll have our power to evolve, but maybe greater." Delta explains, "You speak of a name for me...I have heard your people calling each other different things. I suppose it makes sense..." It looks confused, looking to the ground. "I have no name, do you wish to give me one? Is that how it works...these...names you call yourselves? Does someone name you?...Yes I believe I'd like a name, father has no name. I wish to have one."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:01 am

She isn't sure if the assessment of Cain is better or worse than what was expected. That one is a problem for a different day. Though that kind of power is something she can respect being held away from those who may be inclined to take advantage.

Her hand crosses the gap to shake Delta's. It seems to be the week for interesting deals. "Typically humans are named by their parents. I could give you one if you'd like; or you can come up with one yourself. Whichever you'd prefer. Though I would need to give it some thought. But if you don't mind, I should be getting back to sorting the inn out if I have any hopes of having customers in the near future."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:09 am

Delta
Smiles, "I wish to hear the name you'll think of for me." He says, "I'm the first of my kind to wear clothes." He says glancing down at this tattered and worn pants. "I'd be most pleased if you were to name me." He says with a slight bow. "Just not Randy...I do not like the implications of that name. Heard too many of your males telling the other sex they make them Randy...I find it distasteful, almost worth me eating them."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:23 am

"I am not a fan of that name myself. How about Lucasi or Javan?" Noting that he seems especially proud of his clothing she makes a mental note to see what she can find that may be a bit less tattered. And she thought having an intelligent mouse running around was a unique experience not too long ago...

Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:32 am

Lucasi
"Hmm... I like this name Lucasi." He says with a nod, "Luka, if you need to shorten in. But I shall thank you. If you'll need and I'm here. I'll be on the roof above your room. Just call my name three times, I understand you may desire to to speak of me to your friends.. I have good ears...And will be watching for the tainted ones." He says motioning to garden. "I murdered one them, but the changing man.... watch him.. Harder to detect. wounded father, before fleeing... I don't think I can fight him for long, I'm not yet strong as father, I would not last long as father."  

Turning away. he steps up onto the rail and unfurls the wings that extend down from his armpit, he stops.
"Wait, what shall I call you? I doubt you wish to be called Miss Keeper of the Inn."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:38 am

That Lloyd got away is not surprising. It is interesting, and a bit of a reminder as to how dangerous he can be, that he managed to hurt the creature.

"Call me Anna." Heading back into the inn she wishes Luka happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Lucasi
"Good Evening Anna," He says, leaping off the railing and taking flight. Disappearing quickly into the night air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Busy Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy Work   Busy Work Empty

Back to top Go down

Busy Work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: The Inn's Yard-
Jump to: