Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Restocking

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Anna Maria sets her basket of herbs on the counter next to the sink. Turning on the water she rinses the dirt off of her hands before sorting through the plants. Those that need to be dried are bunched into small bouquets and hung from a rack above the island.

Everything else is set aside to be prepped for being used in her salves, teas, and other concoctions. Pulling out jars, Anna starts the slow process of plucking or cutting what she needs from the plants. As she works she hums softly to fill the silence in the room. Breakfast time around the inn tends to be a quieter affair.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Slick
The thief watches her from across the room with his arms crossed in front of his chest smirking at the woman.

"You know, you wouldn't have to learn so many concoctions if you let me teach you a healing spell or two." He says with warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:05 pm

The sound of his familiar voice makes Anna glance up in surprise. If anyone else were to sneak up on her like this, she would have thrown an knife at them before kicking herself. Slick however is a special case. If he wasn't able to sneak up on her she would be worried.

Anna returns Slick's smile with one of her own. "Who say's they're all for healing?" Her smile turns to a grin. Putting down the knife she was using on the herbs, the innkeeper moves around the counter to give Slick a friendly hug.

"I may take you up on that offer with the way things have been going. What brings you here? I didn't know you were planning a visit." Tension she didn't realize she had been holding relaxes in the presence of a friendly face she's known for more than just a few days.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Slick returns her embrace. "I have heard about some of the problems, some of the higher ups had hoped Shard would have been enough to help protect the Inn with the absence of Shadow, but's it's good to see you Again Anna." He says touching her the nape of her neck gently with a silver coin.

"Sorry just making sure you're you." But I came to give you a copy of my latest report concerning a new guest of yours." He says, handing her folder of papers concerning his assessment of Shard Gallows.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 pm

She gives him a questioning look at the coin test. "You're worried I'm not me? Is there something I should know Slick?"

Raising an eyebrow Anna takes the folder. "Shard is helpful enough. And he provides amusement on occasion." After a slight pause she continues dryly, "Though he has been distracting my mage."

Taking out the papers she begins to scan through the information. Reading the bit that he doesn't look for a fight she gives a short laugh, not entirely agreeing with that portion of the assessment based on his interactions with Mr. Cain and a few moments with herself.

A small portion of the information he's already told her or she's guessed. Though the bulk is a history lesson she didn't realize she needed. "Well it's good to know you have positive respect for the man. The one he was meeting with when he arrived felt very much the opposite. Though should I be reading this? I'm not exactly a member of the club so to speak." She looks up at Slick wondering if this paperwork was really the reason for the visit.

Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Slick sighs, and gives vent to a small shrug. "Partially, since the higher ups are interested in Shard, and now he's here, you deserve to be privy to the information first. But to also to make sure you're you." He explains reaching into a pocket and liberating a silver ring. "There's been a new player in the horsemen, we call him Envy, real name Lyyoid. He's a shapeshifter, very similar, more powerful than Michael Gallatin, the shapeshifter who bested Shadow." Holding out the ring to Anna he says "Fortunatly he's highly allergic to silver... And fire is also a major weakness of his."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 9:52 pm

Taking the ring she rolls it between her index finger and thumb, lost in thought for a moment. "Lovely. Perhaps we should come up with a safe word too," she jokes. Slipping the ring onto the middle finger of her left hand she sighs.

"I appreciate the information Slick. Being here leaves me too much out of the loop sometimes." She puts the papers back in the file, handing it back to him to pass onto the people it is really meant for.

"If Lyoid is floating around, he's been laying low. We're light on occupants at the moment. Just Shard, Hetty the mage, a man, Cole, who accidentally arrived via portal, and Mr. Cain; who has also made himself useful enough to rule out for the moment..."

Anna trails off, still unsure where her feelings lay on that topic. She figures her decision will be made either way after this evening. If nothing else, leaving the inn for a bit of fun will be refreshing. And if he was going to try and kill her he had plenty of opportunities already. Indecisiveness is not normal for Anna, who tends to stick with her gut instinct.

"Are you staying for a bit?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 2:37 am

Slick

Grinning he shrugs, "Last time we tried safe words, I forgotten the word, and almost lost one of my favorite body parts." He says with a smirk, sweeping through the kitchen to peak outside at the current patrons, before easing the door shut and turning back to her and glancing down at the papers.
"Those are you copies, the originals are still moving up the chain of command."

His brows raise at the mention of Cole and portal, "Hmm, now that is interesting, a secret I shan't pass along to my people. Less they know about portals and the Inn the better...And for me, the jury is still out on Allyister, but knowing what I know, he still gives me the heebie jeebies" He says with a shiver.

"And I can stay, but I'd need quite the glamour to fool both Shard and Mr. Cain." He says giving her a knowing smile, then his eyes move stealthily to her legs.

"And do you know there's a rather curious mouse giving me the strangest of looks by your feet?"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 am

Anna laughs at Slick's memory. It is a bright sound that fills the room. "It's not my fault we got separated and you forgot the word "buttercup"- and as I recall she wasn't a very convincing courtesan so how you got yourself into that predicament is still beyond me."

She tucks the folder into a cabinet containing her cookbooks for temporary storage. It's something best left not laying around where idle hands could peruse the contents.

The familiarity he has for Allyister raises an eyebrow. Her jovial mood is gone as Anna leans her back against the counter, folding her arms against her chest. "You know him?"

Looking down to Mighty she bends and scoops the little ball of fluff up in her hand, petting the mouse with her finger. "I doubt at this time you'll fool Shard much. This little guy probably already passed on that you're here... though keeping that information from Allyister may still be in our best interest."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Slick

Guffawing, he shrugs, "I said butterscotch, then butter-butt and butternut, and every other word I could started with butter." He smiles, "But still we succeeded." His smile drops a bit at her mentioning of Allyister. "Somewhat, I can't you tell you much, but he recently took position of one of the four in the Horsemen. However, as I've recently informed my superiors in the Watchers, " He says dipping his finger into a cake and bringing his fingers to his lips tasting it. "He doesn't seem as nearly as bad as the other three leaders. He's not hellbent on the destructing of the world, or wiping out humanity, and when he heard Death was planning on having you killed and Llyod assuming your place, Famine just wants you dead and the Inn destroyed and now with Allyister here, the others wouldn't dare move in on the Inn at the risk of war among the four, I don't know if his true intentions, just want others and he had said his end goal was, which is to bring down the veil that keeps the blunt of humanity from knowing that magic, werewolves, vampires and the like exist and are still here. Along with bringing back the extinct races and creatures, along with those who have left this world for one of their own. That's what's he told the horsemen, rather it's true or not I don't know. But I do know he has a far lighter hand then the others." He says spotting a piece of cheese which he breaks apart, and tossing a piece to the mouse and the other piece into his own mouth.

"You know mouse, I once knew a mouse that could talk, his name was Fenris, a friend of the wizard Ernamous."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Taking a kettle from the stove she fills it with water before returning it to heat. Taking her time, she fills a teapot with herbs from a jar on the counter. "I do prefer being alive over dead. If his presence here plays a significant role in keeping me in the land of the living then I am fine with him staying for the time being."

As the pot starts to whistle she moves it off of the heat and fills the teapot with the boiling water. Pulling two mugs from the cupboard, Anna sets them on the counter and waits for the tea to steep before pouring it. Placing one of the mugs next to Slick she takes a sip from her own, closing her eyes and breathing in the soothing aroma.

"To the best of my knowledge he seems most interested in the Creature." Letting that settle with Slick for a moment, she continues. "And he is taking me out this evening. For some silly reason I agreed- though it will do me good to get out of the inn for a bit." Silently she tells herself that she should probably consult a professional regarding her terrible taste in men.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Slick
"Everyone seems to be interested in that creature lately," He says taking the cup and breathing in deeply the aroma. "The Horsemen want to use it...Allyister wants to study it and...possibly destroy it." He says with a shrug,  "The Watchers want Shard to capture it and bring it to them.." He pauses and pulls a crumpled letter from his pocket. "His response, and I quote, are you fucking kidding me? end quote. I would personally find a lava pit, or an active volcano to toss the thing into." He says with a shrug.

"A date with the conquest? That's good.. " He says with a smile, smelling opportunity, "That means he likes you and if he likes you, he'll confide in you, and we can possibly figure out what his goal in all this is and if anyone can steer him more towards the light, it'll be you." He says taking a long draw from the cup, savoring the flavor.

"You haven't lost your touch madami, and you look just as radiant as ever."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:30 am

She laughs at Shard's response to the Guild. None of the goals laid forth come as any surprise; though Anna is curious in a theoretical way as to how the Horsemen would attempt to control the Creature. Whoever is in charge there must be more crazy than she originally gave them credit for.

Smiling at the compliment Anna gives him a pert little curtesy. "Why thank you Slick. You haven't changed either." She takes another sip of tea before placing the mug beside her.

"Such faith in me." Anna gives him a grin and a wink, continuing in a teasing tone. "You know there is a small percentage of men in the universe who think with something other than their groins my friend." A hint of bitterness lies benieth her amusement.

"Leave Mr. Cain to me." If she wasn't already drawn towards Allyister, Anna would have given Slick some choice words, which knowing him he would surely laugh off. Playing this sort of game makes her wary, well aware of the possible endings and consequences that follow. Toying with a man for the sake of information is something she had sworn not to do years ago. Too much can go wrong and it isn't worth the fallout. It is not a vow Anna Maria intends to break any time soon with good reason.

"Besides, it seems the safest place for me at the time if everything you say is true is at his side."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 am

Sensing her apprehension, "I meant to offense, or to put you in any precarious position and yes you're right, the safest place in the world is by his side. The other three horsemen are reluctant to move against him because of his power. But there's little even I know about him. Give me a few days and I can get you a copy of my report on Allyister and the horsemen."

Stepping closer to Anna. "I know I already owe you for saving me from that succubus a few years ago, and for your aid in infiltrating that clan of vampires, the Egyptian death cult...that one time, you saved me from being hanged, and when you bailed me out when my cover got blown while I was working that organized crime thing...You of all people know the of the lives that had been lost during our war with the horsemen, bystanders and heroes alike. Any edge we can get can only save lives, and if Allyister can be turned to aid us in their defeat, it'll be a better world for us all. I don't think he's all bad, because he wasn't always. He was one a guardian, a selfless hero who fell."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:09 pm

With each example of how she has aided Slick Anna nods or gives a noise of affirmation. Though she does decide not to mention that he would have managed getting out of the organized crime bit just fine without her if he waited another five minutes for the police to show up. It was rather fun.

"You didn't offed. There has just been a lot that has happened since we've last seen each other." She stalls from giving Slick the information he wants, organizing the herbs she had been working with and not wishing to tarnish their little reunion with her sour mood. The last time they had worked together she would have been one step ahead of him, already wrapping Cain around her little finger regardless of her own feelings towards him. Though Anna Maria supposes after last night she already has.

Knowing his patience is probably wearing thin she places her hands palm down on the smooth wood of the island. "After you left to do whatever it is you Watchers do I took an easy fluff job and my heart enjoyed it a bit more than it was supposed to." Her lips twist into a wry half-smile.

Anna pauses, fiddling with a sprig of rosemary. "Anyway, the job ended, loose ends got tied up and I went on my... not so merry way straight into a very dark time in my life. I did some things I'm not terribly proud of and probably a few I don't remember. Things came to a rather dramatic head that more or less returned my good sense."

Knowing how the Guild works, Anna would be surprised if the thief didn't at least a vague knowledge of the catastrophe of a marriage she had before returning home. Granted, at the time her Aunt and Uncle were the inns' keepers so the Watcher's interest in her was not strong as far as she's aware.

"Shortly after, my happy ass landed here." Looking up she meets Slick's eyes for the first time since starting this little monologue. "The quiet, and it has been quiet up until Mr. Gallows came, has been good for me."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Slick

A ghost of a smile touches his lips, "I've been alive for a long time, watching many I care about grow old and die while I remain frozen in time thanks to Baba Yaga's curse. A curse that I once saw as a blessing, because who doesn't want or think about living forever when they're young?"

He asks moving close to Anna, and sitting on the counter where he looks down upon her work. "What I'm trying to say is, you're too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes, back when I was a traveling hero and...a thief...because lets face it, heroing isn't always the most lucrative of career paths, and I only stole from those who could afford it....well them and assholes. But I've made my fair share of mistakes. I ever tell you about those days? When I was magically transported in to Africa against my will, and found myself trying to keeps the African tribes from going to war with the Liontaurs, whre I kinda fell in love with the women of a Leopardmen tribe. Both had claimed the other had stolen some sacred relic." He explains. Then I stumbled upon her former lover who got turned into a chimera, whom of which I was fool enough to cure, and inadvertently reunited him with my then fiance, and that wasn't much fun for me. But still they had a very lovely wedding, which several incredible wedding gifts which yours truly pilfered. It's only fair, he stole my wife, I steal his treasures. But that's life, it ebbs and flows, it can't always me calm and easy sailing waters. But as I said before, the Watchers are in your debt, and it would be no matter for me to get involved and investigate what happened for you."

Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Anna chuckles at his monetary viewpoints of thieving and decides not to mention that there are more lucrative areas if one is really looking to get a nice sum quickly using methods that aren't exactly legal.

"Yes darling, you have told me this story but I did enjoy hearing it again. If it makes you feel better you dodged a bullet. For all you know it could have been years of yelling, screaming, and envisioning throttling the person next to you... And to be fair, you never actually mention if she loved you in return prior to the decursification. We tend to remember people and events in a more flattering light than how they really were." Pulling his head down to her level Anna kisses his cheek to soften any words that may be taken more to heart then intended.

Not terribly surprised by Slick's, and therefore the Watcher's, interest on this portion of her life Anna takes a deep breath, meeting it head-on. "Whatever would I need investigated? Unless it's the Watchers wanting to figure out what happened to my very dead husband. The police report is rather conclusive Slick. There is no mystery there. Jeremy was a narcissistic asshole with a taste for cheap whores and a nasty temper." She smothers the spark of rage underlying her words.

Wanting off of any topic involving the last few years she turns the subject back onto him. "And for the record; I have not once ever wanted to live forever. Though being a little more durable would be nice. Did you ever figure out how to break the curse?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:03 am

Slick

"Not that moment," he sighs, leaning back against the counter, "The spell was incredibly powerful and probably a bit well deserved..." He says with a smirk remembering the memory, "But she turned me into a frog first." He says, grinning, it was his favorite tale after all. "But I manged to croak out a deal, and before she had a chance to turn me back into a frog, I reverse her spell...So I guess you could say she was really hopping mad!" He says with delight, "And then her chicken  hut flew off and, I guess that really made her soar." He says, "So naturally when our paths crossed again she wanted to make sure I'd live long enough for her to get her revenge, but I kinda killed her shortly after she gave me this curse."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:14 am

Pushing into the Kitchen Hetty rummages in a cupboard, pulling out a glass. Trying to stifle her coughing she fills it with water from the sink and takes a long sip. As the coughing subsides the young woman realizes she is not alone in the room and gives Slick and Anna an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry, I was choking on some coffee... lovely day we're having, yes?" She takes another sip before putting down the glass and holding her hand out to the stranger. "I don't believe we've met. Hetty Saueterre."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 am

Slick
Smiling at the woman, he leaps down off the counter to shake her hand. "Charmed I'm sure, M'name's Slick,  the famed hero from the east and former frog prince," He says with a wicked grin and a mischievous glance back at Anna, before cocking his head to the side and looking at Hetty more closely, "You're a mage."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:27 am

"And she's very good with illusions." Digging a room key from her pocket she slips it into Slicks hand.

"I should probably do my job and check on my paying customers." Her tone suggests that if he even slips a bill in her pocket she would be most offended.  With a chuckle at the frog prince comment she leaves the room.

Last edited by Anna Maria on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:47 am

Returning the shake she smiles having no clue who he is and wondering if she should based on his introduction. Surprised by Ms. Barton's complement, Hetty blushes.

"I am. I've been doing some work for the inn. This is just a guess," she gives him a look of mock speculation, reminiscent of one of the many fraudulent fortune tellers sccompying any fair, "but you're looking to have an illusion made?"

Secretly Hetty hopes it has nothing to do with frogs. They are squirmy gross creatures that older brothers like to put in their little sisters beds to torment them.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 am

Slick His smile broadens, "I"m a bit of a magic user myself, trained by Ernamous the wizard and his rat familiar...." Seeing the look on her face he shrugs, "Long story, town of Spielburg, brigands, evil sorcerers, frost giants, Antwerps, a lovely place...You'd like it. But I am in need of a powerful glamour, one that's strong enough to fool one's enhanced senses, and any spiritual detection powers. And in return I can give gold, or teach you one the spells that I have at my disposal....Well all save one, but that's because it's...a bit of a doozy."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 am

Instantly Hetty decides that she likes this strange man. "That seems like a story I would very much like to hear at some point."

Always interested in learning new things his offer peaks her already raised interest. She points to the chair on the far side of the room indicating that Slick should make himself comfortable. A spell this intricate is probably going to take a while. "I can do what you're asking. What kind of spell are you offering?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:46 pm

Slick

Nodding towards the chair, he takes a seat, "Just don't make you appear as a woman, I have enough problems as it is, and don't want to have beat off swooning men...." He pauses, "Poor choice of words, but I rather not attract any of the male persuasion." He corrects.

Settling down into the chair, he leans back, "And I have one blank magic scroll, allowing me imprint any spell onto it, the spells I have mastered are the  Calm, Dazzle, Detect Magic, Fetch, Flame Dart, Open, Trigger, Zap, Force Bolt, Levitate, Reversal, Juggling Lights, Lightning Ball, Aura, Frost Bite, Glide, Hide, Protection, Resistance, Augment, Boom, Dragon Fire, Fascination, Heal, Shrink, Thermo nuke clear Blast, which I wouldn't recommend learning, and whirlwind."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Restocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Restocking Empty

Back to top Go down

Restocking
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Kitchen-
Jump to: