Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Typical Evening

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Standing in the doorway of the kitchen for a moment, Anna Maria scans the large room, noting where her regulars are as the large amount of strangers who have not visited the Inn in her experience.

With the rumors of the fire and probably a million other stories that have popped up she's expecting a busy night of people trying to catch a glimpse of something strange and perhaps a little dangerous. Silly sheep. She can't say she blames them though. Nothing wrong with catching a little thrill in a place you think is still perfectly safe.

At least it's too dim in the room to see the remaining bloodstains from earlier by the stairs that she still hasn't had a chance to finish cleaning up. Grabbing a pitchers of ale and water Anna makes her rounds of the room playing her role as hostess.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 pm

Cole returns to the Inn wearing a new white Gi with the sleeves intentionally torn off, and still barefooted and carrying a drawstring bag over his massive shoulders. Spotting a nearby and empty booth, he ventures over to it and slides down onto the bench, sitting his bag of newly acquired clothes beside him. He then opens the bag and pulls out a small hunk of wood, that he sets down in front of himself and begins to carve.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 am

Stepping back in through the Inn, Allyister scans the crowd, seeing the number of patrons was beginning to finally swell. Obviously word had already spread about the Harper who was to play tonight and now the the curious and the refined began picking their way to the inn. He smiles, and then spots Cole, much cleaner than he had been before and wearing fresh clothes that was a pleasant surprised, and decides now is as good as a time as any to find out all he could about the stranger.

Cross the Inn, he reaches the table where Cole presently sits. "Nice to see you decided to stay and get some new clothes I see."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:46 am

Anna pauses at the bar to serve the group of patrons waiting for service while the serving girl Diana refills pitchers of water and ale. Chatting with the friendly group seated in the stools in front of her Anna learns that news of the harpist Mr. Cain had mentioned is just as much a draw as the debacle from earlier today. She does have to admit that his entertainment addition is gaining the inn a rather nice sum this evening, and thus is a point is (begrudgingly given) in his favor.

Satisfied that those around the bar area are content for the time being she goes to pick up two of the now full pitchers. The containers are heavy with ale and her back protests before she can manage to lift them more than an inch. The drone in the room covers the loud ‘thunk’ as the pitchers fall back onto the bar (thankfully not a drop is spilled).

Anna kicks herself mentally for overdoing it, stressing wounds that haven’t even really had the chance to start mending. The numbing agent in the poultice on her back has worn off and her jaw tightens as she stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that unlike others, she doesn’t instantly heal. Motioning Diana to take the pitchers around to fill empty glasses, Anna settles on gathering up abandoned cups from around the room, cleaning off tables, and taking money.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Cole's eyes roll up meet the man's gaze, and can't help but glance at his groin, feeling only pity for the eunuch and motions that he's free to sit across from him if he so chooses.
"Yes." Cole answers going back to his carving.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Allyister blinks, but, nods, accepting the offer and he climbs over onto the bench across from Cole, "So Cole is it?" he asks, looking across the table at his carving, "What is that you're carving?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Walking down the main stairs Hetty is surprised by how many people are filling the large space. Spotting Anna Maria rushing about, she decides to settle by the bar in hopes of catching the innkeeper's attention long enough to ask about her books.

Taking a seat Hetty strikes up a lively conversation with a small group seated nearby.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:35 am

"Wood. I have no skill with marble, or stone." Cole answers without looking up from his work.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Having stopped by his room, and discovering the fine bottle of wine, and noticing the note left and that it was from Anna he grins, "Oh I'm gonna read the shit out of this," he says as he turns and walks out of his room with the wine bottle tucked under one arm as he reads the note on his descent down the stairs. Spotting Cole first Shard grins, nearly folding and tucking the note into his vest before making his way over to the table frowning a bit at Alyister, "Dickless," Shard says nodding to Alyister, before turning to greet Cole, I'm glad to see you made well with the loan," pausing as he steps back to take on Cole's appearance, "So tell me how much change do I have left?"
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Allyister blinks at Cole's response not sure if Cole was insulting him, dim, or just being strangely blunt. He then turns to look bored at Shard's appearance and insult. "Discount Atlantian," Alliyster returns, turning back to Cole. "I believe Cole and I were having a conversation, but I doubt a low born, Prince Kodo wannabe wouldn't know about much about civil discussions."

"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Seeing Shard and Allyister in close vicinity to each other, i.e. the same room, Anna is glad that Cole there as some sort of buffer. Figuring her becoming part of their conversation in any way will most likely result in someone throwing something sharp and pointy she scans the room to see who else is present.

Happily catching Hetty's eye Anna nods her head in their direction. The girl seems to have a knack for carrying a conversation without pissing people off. That situation hopefully kept benign, Anna Maria carries on with her work.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Hetty raises an eyebrow and looks in the direction of Anna's nod. Shrugging she hops off the stool and makes her way over to the men smiling brightly and interjecting herself angled between Shard and Allyister. "I see you found my information useful Cole. The look suits you."

Turning her attention to the stranger she holds her hand out to shake, taking in the polished appearance. "I don't believe we have had the chance to meet yet. I am Hetty Sauveterre."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:53 pm

"No you were speaking," Cole answers Alyister, looking up to greet Shard And giving him a warning look at his comment to Alyister. "I don't believe the eunuch needs to be reminded of his....misfortune." He advises, turning to look apologetically at Alyister. "I'm sorry for the loss of...." He pauses looking rather uncomfortable, "your loss of manhood." He finally says.

Then looking up at Shard at the mention of change. "There weren't any. Was there suppose to be? Should I get it back?"

At Hetty's arrival Cole moves aside in his seat, giving her olé try of room to sit beside him. "M'am"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:13 am

Allyister's mouth drops opens as he puts together what Shard has started and has done, which then causes him to bristle, and strain to keep his power in check and not unleash his oppressive aura. But he manages to push it aside, take a breath. and turn to Cole, even though his eyes are locked on Shard's, "I'm NOT sure where you've heard this, but I assure you, I have never bein, nor will ever be, castrated."

He makes a point of smoothing out his clothes before standing and stepping around Shard to properly greet Hetty and shake her hand. "The pleasure is all mine Ms. Hetty, I'm Allyister Cain."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 am

Upon hearing Cole's response, Shard explodes in uproarious laughter, doubling over, as he struggles to catch his breath and contain himself, "Don't....don't worry Cole," Shard manages between bouts of laughter, "I now see my money was very well spent!" Still laughing he wipes a tear from his eyes, and leans over to Hetty, "I think this guy's real name is ass-Ter"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 8:13 am

Feeling as though she missed a large amount she shakes Allyister’s hand. This being her first time even learning of Mr. Cain, she is unaware of his prickly nature. Guessing that perhaps this man said or did something that implied another was beneath him socially, as he is dressed as one who is in the upper echelons of society it seems an appropriate assumption in her experience. Heaven knows she has probably done the same unintentionally in the past, however such an incident does not typically warrant this level of mocking.

Hetty glances at Shard with a look of disappointment at the cutting comment, wondering if she would be treated in the same manner if she were not an attractive young lady.

Turning her attention back to the man in front of her, “What brings you to this pleasant little city?” Releasing his hand she sits beside Cole, smiling and nodding her thanks for making room.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Allyister smiles and nods Hetty, " Charmed to meet you and always a joy to meet someone in the same station as myself." He says, smiling brightly before straightening his clothes and sitting back down across from her and Cole, he smiles and nods at her question. "I'm here on both business and for research purposes, I was hoping to purchase the deed for this legendary Inn, but atlas," He sighs, "She has denied me the sale without ever hearing my proposal. Quite disappointing actually, but I'm hoping the entertainment I've arranged for the evening will open her up for negotiations once she sees what I'm capable of and what I can offer the Inn." He says with an all too charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 pm

She ignores his fixation on status. It just tells her that he has an over-inflated sense of self-worth brought about by years of being fawned over. Hetty was fortunate in that her own parents had more realistic viewpoints regarding the world and their place within it.

“It is my understanding that, unless you are family, you are wasting your time Mr. Cain. Though I suppose you could always try marrying in.” She laughs, having a feeling Allyister’s chances of buying the inn are greater than that happening.

“Though I can’t imagine why a distinguished man such as yourself would have interest in a ratty old place like this.” Her hand waves in the air, a flippant gesture to emphasize ‘this’ being the inn before the inn.

“Do tell me, what entertainment have you arranged? I heard somebody mention something about a harpist? Music would be such a pleasant addition to the evening.” She matches his smile, her eyes conveying the excited gaze of a well-bred girl with not much going on between the ears. It is an impression she has much practice with and is a demeanor she habitually puts forth when speaking with men of his ilk.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 3:51 pm

He furrows his brow and looks up at Allyister looking vexed, "I apologize, but there's still a loss in you, a void where something important once was. He turns looking at Hetty and Shard, "He is a ghost in the shadows, walking unnoticed through crowds. He can slit an enemy's throat before they even realize he's there, and slip away, never to be seen again. Those few who do notice him soon forget he ever existed…"

He turns to Alyister then to him says, "Dark and desperate, death to make yourself alive. I used to be like you. I'm not anymore. You shouldn't be either"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

"Oh," Allylister smiles, I doubt it would have to come to marriage, that I can assure you." He smiles, "But I wouldn't be terribly opposed to the idea if the opportunity presents itself, but the Inn is a source of power and prestige. And I've heard rumors of a few special artifacts have found their way to the Inn's ground, the staff of one, left behind by some priest, and a mirror that's said to have some grand magical properties." He says, glancing sadistically at Shard who's trying desperately to compose himself after his laughing fit.

He now props his elbows on the table and interlocks his fingers as his gaze hardens on Cole. "What ever are you babbling on about? The only thing I'm missing is fear, and the forces that used to hold me back, now I'm without limit and peer."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 8:04 pm

A shiver runs down her spine from Cole's words. She is inclined to think at this moment he is quite right. Allyister is certifiably crazy. The kind of crazy she prefers to stay far away from.

"Good luck with finding your little magic trinkets. I'd think antiques like those would have been pawned off years ago judging by the look of this place." Her voice is bored, sounding as though she could care less about what Mr. Cain is after. "You may have better luck down the street."

Wondering if this would be a good time to gracefully bow out before he decides to turn the conversation to name dropping and his world travels, Hetty settles on staying. Civil conversation between the three men is an impossibility and she has a feeling her presence prevents anyone from becoming decapitated. Really Hetty just does not want everyone else in the establishment having to witness such a gruesome act.

"Well I'm afraid that if I don't get anything to drink soon I will shrivel up and fade away. I am parched!" She waives down the serving girl for a pitcher of water for the table. Really she could go for a glass of wine from the bottle Shard is holding, but that would be a dreadful idea at this moment in time.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Shard stops laughing at the mention of the Staff and the mirror, and quickly wipes the tears of laughter from his eyes and uncorks the bottle he's had tucked under an arm and takes a long swig from the bottle. Before leveling his eyes back on Alyister, He's not entirely concern about the staff, being at was a spoken word magical item, and each spoken spell could only be used once, but it hidden somewhere discreet somewhere around the Inn a very long time ago, but only a very small amount of people could ever know about it. The Mirror was clearly shot at him, causing his blood to run cold.

"Walking sticks and mirrors down? never thought a millionaire would ever be interested in such trinkets."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Breaking up the mood, Eden Rose, the famed Harpist enters the Inn, and holding up her harp, she suddenly earns a round of applause. With a smile and enthusiasm, she races up to the stage.

"Hello Everyone! Ladies and strapping gentleman alike, I"m Eden rose, and I believe I shall be your entertainment for the evening, now I will be taking requests, but first I would like to play a little something special for yall, just remember, to tip your hostess well." She says with a wink, as she brings her harp up plucks a lovely string, drawing attention to her, then with a smile, she begins to play on the harp, calming emotions, and sending soothing vibes out to the inn.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 2:38 pm

With the start in the music, the crowded room is transfixed enough that Anna Maria has a moment to pause and listen to a little bit herself. Having Eden play in her Inn is a real treat as musicians of such renown don't often come this way. Anna can't help but think there is something she should remember about this particular harpist. Figuring it's just the music triggering a long forgotten memory she puts the thought from her mind. If it's important she'll remember it if she doesn't think too much on it.

Anna keeps her break short, deciding to take the time instead to take note of what is running low behind the bar and sending one of the bartenders down to the storage room for restocking for the rush when the music breaks.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Cole shakes his head as the music begins to play, briefly forgetting how he was about to Ask Hetty to apologize to the Inn Keeper for breaking the booth and the window, instead he mumbles, "It sings... sick music."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Typical Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Typical Evening Empty

Back to top Go down

Typical Evening
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: