Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opening Doors

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hetty

Hetty

Opening Doors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Doors   Opening Doors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 am

Gathering the books off of the table she tucks them under one arm, not wanting to leave such valuable (and in the wrong hands dangerous) items laying around, Heddy makes her way to the back lawn via the exterior or door by the stairs.

"I admit the experience is refreshing for me as well."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Opening Doors   Opening Doors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Shard smiles as he follows her."It is always my pleasure, and I'm happy to to give a beautiful enchantress such as yourself a break from the boring and the mundane, it can be most frustrating living into today's day and age where people think you're a carnival performer, or well, a witch."
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Opening Doors   Opening Doors - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Anna Maria watches the last of the inn's visitors wander out of the solid main door and off to more adventurous entertainments. She uses a clean rag, giving the bar top a final wipe-down as the barmaid Lily finishes her sweeping. Helen bustles in from the kitchen, the lights in the back room dimming in her wake. She puts a potholder on the bar and settles a teapot on top, placing a mug beside. "Don't stay up too late putzing dear," the matronly woman says . "Come along Lily I'll walk you home." They exchange their good nights and head out into the dark.

Anna locks the door behind the two and shuts off the lights. The still lively fire in the fireplace on the backwall of the room provides enough light to prevent any trips or bumps. Untying her apron she tucks it behind the bar, and the contents from its pockets into a small lockbox on the counter.

Pulling a bottle of whiskey from behind the bar Anna pours a small measure into the mug and returns the bottle. Steam rises as she carefully fills the mug with tea from the pot. Picking it up, the young woman makes her way across the room, settling herself on the couch in front of the slowly dying fire. In the evenings Anna normally sits here for a short while, letting in any patrons who stayed out later than expected (even though the back door remains unlocked for anyone the stable lad knows to let in).
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Opening Doors   Opening Doors - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Just as Anna is about to call it a night, a faint scream reaches her ears. "What the hell was that?" she mutters to herself. Realizing it came from the back of the inn she swears thoroughly enough to make a sailor blush. Rather than rushing through the main back door, she instead takes the longer route through the kitchen, pulling a loaded pistol from the high cupboard and cocking it before sliding out the kitchen door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening Doors   Opening Doors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening Doors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: