Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New ways to live

Go down 
+2
Hetty
Cole Ambrose
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

New ways to live - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:39 am

Dodging backwards, she manages to stay out of the way of Lloyd's nails, bent on impaling her, as Shroud appears. Wondering what the hell took him so long, she thinks better of asking that question for now, happy enough just to be alive.

Anna slams the knife into Envy's heart, not wishing to prolong this experience any longer... though it would be rather satisfying to rip the asshole apart limb by limb. "Yes."

Confident Shroud is not going to let him miraculously slip away, she takes the moment to scan the remaining chaos in the room having heard a rather loud explosion. Taking a normal dagger from her boot, she throws it at the dark elf with the thought that a little extra confusion in that area would be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:36 am

Ritke
Seeing the new body appear, she moves to register Shroud just in time to save her life, as he she also sees Anna delivering a death blow to Lloyd, giving her ample time to deflect the blade with her arm, and immediately counters by sending a a bolt of lighting at Anna.

Shroud
Releasing Envy's body as his body goes limp, and begins to bumble and melt away, he teleports into the path of the bolt, absorbing it into himself, and teleports again, this time behind the Dark Elf, where he phases his hand through the back of her skull, letting her turn solid, killing her instantly and phasing his harm back from her head before letting her body drop at his feet.

Looking up then at Anna. "You fight well, Elizabeth would be most proud...Or rather Shadow would."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:37 am

Thanking the maker, as he falls to the floor, seeing the magic missiles veering off course to explode against the tables and chairs of the inn, he sighs, and mutters. "I'm good....I just...need to rest my eyes for a minute..."
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Blocking most of the ice blast, mostly due to Hetty's aid, but suffering some rather large welts on his arms, he pauses to take stock of the present situation, while realizing how spent he is, his fight with the other creature, then using his chi to control the fire in such a way, cost him more than he expected. He quickly slumps down into the floor, and takes a breath.
"Your world...is most dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 12:09 am

Giving Shroud a nod of thanks she leans gingerly back against the counter. "Self preservation is excellent motivation."

Taking an unused bar towel, Anna wads it against the puncture wounds the broken bottle made in her side, stemming the flow of blood as she takes stock of her injuries. Between the badly bruised arm, various glass wounds, and a cracked (hopefully not broken) rib or three, she hurts, but she'll live.

"Most of the world isn't this exciting Cole. You are just unfortunate enough to have landed in a highly unique area. Not that I'm complaining. You're handy."

Unable to see Shard from her vantage point, Anna is not sure how deeply he is or is not wounded. From where she is it seems that Cole and Hetty are relatively okay, if a bit worn around the edges. "Which of us is the worst off? I have enough in me to do a little bit of healing."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 12:19 am

Somewhat reluctantly Hetty drops the barriers she was maintaining. Giving Shroud and the dark elf a wide berth she rushes to where Shard is passed out in an alarmingly large pool of blood.

Kneeling on the ground next to him she makes sure he's still breathing. "Shard needs more than a little Healing I think."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Shroud
Stepping over to Shard he scans the tap.
"Does this Inn still possess medical and healing supplies?"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:10 pm

The absence of a snarky comment from Shard is worrying. "There's some freshly made salves in the kitchen. Everything else is upstairs in the room next to the bathing room."

Anna walks to where they are, using the support of chairs and upturned tables in her path. Reaching the small group she kneels next to him, placing her free right hand (as the other is still holding pressure on her own wound) on his shoulder.

Using what energy she has left, Anna does what she can to start the healing of the worst of Shard's wounds.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Shroud Nodding at Anna's comment's he teleports away. And returns a few minutes later, with his arms full of supplies, kneeling beside Anna he begins laying the supplies down between the two.
"He lives, these wounds would have killed a normal man. We should be thankful for his Atlantean physiology." He says gently examining Shard's wounds. Letting out a sigh before he begins ripping open his best and shirt. Glancing sidelong at Anna. "I should warn you, keep your silver with you. That wasn't the true Llyod and wouldn't be the first time someone had slain of his....clones. He makes them from his own body. They're weaker than them him, but killing one does injure him greatly. If he used a hand to create what we fought here today. It would burn and melt off the original, and he'd be unable to grow it back until he fed, even still it would take him several days to regrow the appendage."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Shard groans as the mark on his hand begins to glow, as a rift opens in the middle of the tap room, and in a flash of lighting it closes. Leaving a lone figure appears, fully glad in armor/
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Starting to see spots Anna pulls her hand away,stopping the healing spell before she becomes completely useless. Taking a deep breath she winces, instantly regretting at action as her injured ribs protest. Her hands take up some of the healing supplies and she goes to work using more mundane methods of piecing Shard back together. Again.

"Heaven forbid things be too easy for us. Thank you for the warning."

The rift opening and closing with a flash causes her hands to still as Anna's slower then usual brain tries to figure out what the hell is going on.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Feeling rather useless and unsure what to do, Hetty wanders about the room, righting tables and chairs while trying to stay out of the way. Learning that Lloyd is not really dead causes some of the fear that had gone away with the clone's death to return.

The Lightning startles the Mage and she jumps with surprise. Without thinking she throws her hand out towards the figure, encasing it in a bubble of magic capable of containing most normal beings as well as a great many less powerful magical ones for at least a short time.
Back to top Go down
Jason Knight

Jason Knight

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Midnight Hawk

Rising slowly to his feet, pressing his right hand against the front of his helmet as he rises to his feet, and looks about the room, his mask and helmet hiding his confused expression.
"So....What is this?" He asks, stepping forward and running into the invisible barrier, prompting him to do an impression of a mime as he reaches out touching the barrier and searching it with his hands.

"What is this? Where's Kat, and what happened to the Inn?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Shroud
Barely giving the man dressed as a knight a glance. He turns his attention back to Shard. And finishes binding his injuries, being sure to help hiself to the salves and herbs stuffed in Shard’s pockets. Finishing his work, he rolls Shard onto his back.
“The knight isn’t a horsemen, it’ll be wise to keep an eye on him.” Shroud takes a moment to examine the mark on Shard’s hand, and glances back to the knight, then to Anna. “It may be best to keep what just happened between those of us in this room.” He says, his eyes wondering to Anna’s injuries. “One moment Ms. Barton,” He says scooping Shard up in his arms and teleporting away. Depositing Shard in one of the bed’s he’s noticed in infirmary on his previous visit. Appearing back in the tap room, he offers to help Anna up into a nearby chair. “I can look at your wounds. Not many of my people were healers, but some knew enough to administer some first aid if its wanted of course.”
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:04 am

"Shroud I am fairly confident you have earned the right to do away with formalities and call me Anna." It is a sign of how worn Anna is that she accepts Shrouds aid without grumbling. Looking at the stranger she raises an eyebrow, equally as confused and wary of his familiarity with the inn.

"The usual chaos the inn attracts is what happened. I know nothing of this Kat person. Who are you?" Her words come out a bit more bluntly then she would normally phrase them. Glancing at Hetty she motions that the woman can release this unexpected visitor.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 am

Skeptical but not wanting to irritate Anna, Hetty drops her spell. Having had her fill of strange things for the day we excuses herself. She is more than a little worried about Shard so she makes her way to the infirmary, thinking it would be a nice and quiet place for getting a little of her work on the wards done.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:55 am

Shroud
Nodding at Anna. He begins to gently examine her wounds, before apply the salves with a well-practiced and gentle hand. Before breaking out a thread and needle and begins stitching up her wounds. Glancing up at the new visitor with curious eyes.

"Where do you believe you are?" He asks, glancing back down at his work.
Back to top Go down
Jason Knight

Jason Knight

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:17 am

Midnight Hawk
Straightens at he tone, giving the tap room another long look around, his eyes falling on the body of the dark elf, the martial artist slumped near the door. "Well...this definitively looks like the Inn...before the remodel..." He says glancing back at Anna. "You...you look like her." He says noticing Anna's and not failing to notice Hetty's clothing.

"Was there a theme party?" he asks before glancing about the Inn, realization slowly dawning him, but feeling his mind trying to resist the the truth the rest of his mind was trying to tell him. "Where's Blaze and Jack Ryder?" He asks.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:44 am

"Don't botch the stitches. I'm a very vain woman." Her dry joke is half-hearted and more to fill the space as she tries to process this unique situation.

Looking around the room and the mess filling it she sighs. "Darling, at this rate we're remodeling every day. You are going to need to be more specific. You still haven't answered my question. I don't know Jack Ryder either."
Back to top Go down
Jason Knight

Jason Knight

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Midnight Hawk
"I'm the Midnight Hawk, I've been operating out of England for three years now...This is still England right?" Glancing towards the door where through the window he spies a two outdated cars driving down the street.

"And what year is it?" He asks, sounding unsure of himself.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 4:52 pm

"You should be thankful, when I came to this world a monster tried to eat me....Which has been a most common occurrence everyday following....I'm sorry but this world is most dangerous and usually very hungry." He says. glancing over at Emily. "You hurt?" He asks, smiling as she shakes her head no.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:51 pm

"I still blame Shard. The reign of terror started when he decided to grace the inn with his presence. And he's not here to defend himself. Speaking of very hungry things we should probably chuck that," Anna motions to the dead dark elf, "outside for Sparky."

Turning back to Midnight Hawk she follows his gaze out the window. "1904. Yes, this is England. Do you have a real name?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Shroud
Huffs at Anna's statement of Shard. "I would say his arrival here was most fortuitous, the creature returns to these very same hunter grounds every seventy years or so. It's almost always eventually driven away, or very nearly slain. Even I believed I had slain the creature two of its cycles ago." Finishing his stitching on Anna, he straightens. "You'll heal, the scarring shall be minimal."
Back to top Go down
Jason Knight

Jason Knight

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Midnight hawk/Jason
Nodding, knowing Anna had only confirmed what he had been thinking.
"I'm usually more protective my real identity," He explains, stepping over to one of the righted tables, and carefully removes his helmet, placing it down on the table, then reaching up for the black mask and pulls it down in down (think reverse hood) Revealing his face. "But since I won't be born for another...90 years give or take, I doubt it matters much now...I'm Jason Knight, and I own the Inn...." he pauses, "Will own the Inn...in the future...I think..." He pauses looking at Anna. "I run the place with who must be your great, great, grand daughter...and she's doing fine. A fighter. I've spent the last year training her myself."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:12 am

"Thank you Shroud. You've saved me the joyous task of giving myself stitches and have done a far better job of it than I would have."

Watching with curiosity as Jason removes his helmet, Anna is glad she's already sitting when he reveals when he's from and his relationship to the inn. The man is either cracked in the head, telling the truth, or she's lost more blood than she thought and is hallucinating.

"Well... That's one of the more unique things I've heard recently. I don't suppose you know who the great great grandfather is." It's conversations like this where Anna tries to figure out if she should drink more or is drinking too much. On a high note this at least gives a little hope that maybe the inn will survive this mess of events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New ways to live   New ways to live - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New ways to live
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: