Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calling out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Calling out   Calling out EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Calling out Boulde10
Boulder
The ground outside the Inn rumbles as erupts a man rises up through the ground. Spying the Inn he smiles, and flexes his fingers.

"This should be easy enough..' He says, with the confidence and pride that comes with being one of the surviving remnants of the Meltra Race. His name is Boulder and we was born with power over the earth. So with a thought, he causes the foundation to shake and tremble.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Reaching the Garden, he spots Boulder and removes his bow from his shoulder.
"I humbly insist, you cease this activity or I'll be forced to aid in your kind's extinction." Shard growls, doing his best to hide his strain from canceling out his earthquake which would otherwise bring the the entire Inn crashing down.

Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Boulder
"Hahah, a Titan? Here of all places? I'm honored, but isn't your kind more endangered than mine?" He asks, with a small waive his hand causes chunks of earth and rock to rise from the earth roughly the size of bowling balls, 23 to be exact, "And have you forgotten Titan, my kind bested yours in the war, exiling you and yours to that island, which you couldn't even keep afloat I hear." He says snidely, sending the chucks of earth hurling through the air towards Shard.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:03 am

"Yes,' Shard agrees, nimbly dodging the flying projectiles, as he knocks an arrow and fires it into Boulder, followed by two more in the span of half a heart beat, with the first arrow slamming into the man's heart, with the other two arrows striking his lungs. "But I had yet been born during that war and I WASN't there." He shouts reading a fourth arrow, as he dodges and ducks past more of the flying projectiles.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 am

Stepping on the porch, the railing provides some measure of cover from being spotted for the moment. Giving Allyister a grin she answers his question. "Today my idea of fun is killing things that are trying to kill me or bring this building down."

Surveying the scene between Shard and Boulder below she watches the chunks of her formerly pristine yard being thrown, her grin turning to a frown. "Other days a nice glass of wine and activities that don't involve being covered in blood are most enjoyable." Or in bed. Bed would be a wonderful place to be right now.

Using the railing as additional support Anna aims the rifle at Boulder's chest before firing. She doesn't give in to the hope that such a mundane thing will end up killing the bastard- but perhaps it will provide enough of a distraction for Shard.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:46 am

Boulder
Grunting from the hail of arrows, he which seem to barely penetrate his skin, he simply glances down at them as the fall from his body and he smiles at Shard. "My perfect armor," He says, "by the surprised express on your face, I see you never thought, or been able to perform this marvelous feet." He says grinning, letting a part of his face to part to reveal his skin, and that the rest of his body was covered and protected my earth, which he quickly lets recover his face. The bullet to his face surprises him, causing him to stagger as he glowers up at Anna.

"Humans." He says, distastefully. Causing a huge stone wall to grow up through the ground cutting them off her line of sight.

"You're people use to worship my king like the Gods we are!" he shouts, waiving his hand to Shard as sand pulls up from the ground which he fires at shard in a high pressured blast.

Allyister
Stepping outside in time to see the wall grow out of the ground he makes a bored sigh. "Another one of Famine's..." he says taking a cautious look around and turning around to face his room.
"She never sends just one, they always come in pairs or more. So keep your head on a swivel."

Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 1:05 am

Anna glowers at the new stone wall. Hopefully Shard can hold his own as there is no way she's capable of getting through the wall. Around it may be another story though.

"Good to know." She takes this moment to check on how much ammunition is on hand. Satisfied that under most logical conditions she's good her eyes focus on scanning the yard. Perhaps is she goes out through the front door and sneaks through the stable a better vantage point could be found that doesn't involve a wall.

Preferring the higher ground she nixes the idea for the time being. If there is a second being of malicious nature crawling around it's probably more strategically sound to be here.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Attempting to dodge the both the giant pieces of jagged rock and stone, he attempts dodge the blast of stand, only to be caught by a piece of rock jabbing into his right shoulder, as another slams into his left hip, pushing him into the blasting sand, pushing him several feet back. Ruining her best and coat, and sanding away a good deal of flesh beneath.

Hissing through clenched teeth, he rapid fires three explosive arrows into Boulder's direction.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Boulder
Boulder using the sand to deflect two of the arrows, expectantly takes the hit from the third, blasting away most of his sand and dirt armor around his chest.

"You Bastard!" He hisses, as the ground around him begins to rumble. "Don't think I didn't see you to Allyister! I came ready for you." He says, as half a dozen rock and earthen Golems rise up from the ground and begin marching to the Inn.

Allyister
"We're going to need some wine and fine cheeses, for relaxation and time spent in bed." HE says, stepping past Anna, where he cocks his head to one side considering destroying the wall, but the rock and stone would only give Boulder more ammunition. Then noticing the movement of he Golems coming around to the sides of the wall he smiles.
"Clever..." The Golems were lifeless, with nothing for him to drain. Killing Boulder is going to be a pity. With that he leaps down to engage the force rock Golem, and shatters it with a single well placed energy boomerang.

He barely has time to enjoy the small victory when he spots the pieces coming together to form several smaller Golems. But at least now they were even with his height.
"Well...this should be interesting he says."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 8:51 pm

She eyes Mr. Cain as he moves past her in consideration. "We is it?" she mutters to herself, as Allyister is well out of hearing having leaped off the balcony. It's a thought for later.

Watching his attempt at destroying a Golem fail Anna holds off on wasting bullets. Magic is probably the best option where these things come into play and that is an area she is obviously not versed in. Instead she bides her time, Heeding Allyister's words and watching for any other nasty surprises.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 am

Calling out 300px-10
Malice
Hoping down from the roof and landing on the balcony beside Anna and slowly turns to her.
"Woman. You Inn Keeper?" He growls, holding a heavy mace in one hand.

Slick
Appearing on the Balcony from another room overlooking the Inn's Garden, with his attention going first to Allyister fighting several golems and Shard's battle with Boulder, he crosses his arms, and leans on the railing, surveying the battle and wondering if he should risk breaking his cover to to help, or if there was anyway he could interfere without anyone realizing he had anything to do with it. But for now, he considers Shard seems to be holding his ground. But anything he does to aid the other would be risky. But being one of the seven deadly sins, he does have the right to choose which of the four to serve, but that would also mean he'd be officially allied with with Allyister. Which would make his his position ever more precarious. He had thus far been lucky that not many had challenged his rank, he had of course killed all the challengers and some of his wins had been purely because of of his luck.

Last edited by StoryTeller on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 am

Picking himself up off the ground, breathing heavily, he climbs back up onto one knee, with beads of sweat running down his face and daring a sideways glance at the golems, Allyister was attempting to deal with.

Boulder was clearly powerful, more powerful then Shard thought possible to be capable of doing so much at once. But he had to admit, he never thought of creating his own Golems, but he clearly had no idea as to how to it, but he couldn't afford to experiment now, he was already using what focus he could spare to cancel out the ongoing earthquake. However, Boulder's strength, was his weakness as it was with all the Meltra's. Their powers, increase with every use, and grow tougher with every injury. However, overuse of their powers can and will drain them to the extent of killing them. So as long as he could keep himself from getting killed, it'd be an endurance game. For Atlanteans had no such weakness, but their powers didn't grow as fast or as strong as the Meltra.

"Damn it." He says, rolling away from the onslaught of rocks and boulders crash into the ground around him. He Rolls to another crouch and fires another explosive arrow, casting multiply as the one arrow turns to several dozen, before whispering, "Flame," which quickly rains exploding arrows of flame at and around Boulder.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 11:20 am

Looking up at the much larger creature standing beside her Anna figures this is probably a very good time to be evasive. Being squished or having her head bashed in is not the woman's idea of a good time. From where she is standing it is currently a distinct possibility.

Turning to face him, she gives Malice a charming smile. "I'm guessing you want her dead as well? Wouldn't spending a lovely afternoon drinking ale in the tap room and flirting with some pretty girl be far more appealing? You seem the sort that does a lot of killing. You may find a little break refreshing."

No fool, Anna evaluates her escape options and wonders if she would have enough time to introduce him to one of her bullets before getting far out of his arms' reach. The odds aren't great.

Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Boulder
Spotting the hail of arrows quickly causes the earth around him to rise up in a shield, only to be blown away as more and more of the arrows rain down on him, exploding upon impact, blowing away the dirt and sand, turning most of the sand into glass, thus inert to his abilities. A another arrow strikes home into his shoulder, blowing upon a ugly hole through his shoulder.

Cursing he commands dirt and earth to quickly come to him and pack the wound to prevent further blood loss.
"Ah, I forget you excel at range combat!" Boulder shouts, now charging at Shard as more earth rise from the ground covering his body in thick rock and bark, as his hands and fingers become covered in more bark and branches, forming long razor sharp finger tips, which he races across the ground to Shard swiping his claw like hand at Shard's chest.

Allyister
Quickly finding himself cornered, resorts to using his powers to simply push the golems back, and resorting to hand to hand combat to keep the others pushed back, or knocked down, all the while casting glances of scorn at Shard wishing he he would hurry up. Having no desire to use his aura to end the fight for if he were to kill Shard or harm Anna or her friends he doubted their alliance would hold.

Malice
Squinting as he leans down to peer more closely at the Inn Keeper.
"Humans all look the same. But Malice thinks you wish to trick him, Malice is no fool." He says rising back to his full height swings his mace in a downward arc at Anna. "Malice grind you into paste!"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Having expected a response along these lines she is at least comforted by the small blessing that Malice doesn't seem to be particularly intelligent. Dodging at an angle backwards she misses becoming acquainted with his mace.

Bringing up the rifle she doesn't worry too much about aim considering he is a very close and a very large target. Anna fires a shot to his chest before quickly turning and sliding through the hole made by the Minotaur earlier. It's probably too much to ask for that the barriers protecting the inn will keep Malice out as they normally would. Hopefully the wards will at least slow him down a touch.

Angling for the stairs down to the tap room Anna jumps the banister and hulls ass to the first floor, using a table for brief cover as she aims another shot.

(OOC: Also posted in Tap Room)
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:35 am

Shard tries evading the blow but his exhaustion wins out, and he clenches his teeth in pain as the claws tear open his his chest, but smiles wanly at Boulder's miscalculated assumption. And he drops his bow, letting his hand shoot to Boulder's throat.

"You're strong... but your focus is too divided," He growls, stopping his attempts to cancel out Boulder's earthquake, and switching his focus to the earth thick bark that he covered himself in, forcing it grow inward, and the dirt and sand to force to and through his every orifice, chocking off his airways, blinding him and burrowing their way to his vitals.

"The closer I am to my element the stronger my power you twat!" He spits.

Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:42 am

Boulder
His eyes widen, or would have if he still had eyes, and he opens his mouth to scream if he could still do so, so in one last act of desperation he slams his clawed hand into Shard's stomach, and gargles a retort before collapsing to the ground in a heap and with it the tremors die away and the gollums crumble into dust.

Allyister
Sighs in satisfaction as his foes fall and he sees Shard had proven victorious after all, albeit it was out of sheer luck that Boulder's pride and impatience had proved to be his ultimate undoing.

Mallace
Staggering back from the shot to his chest, he grunts and quickly follows suit charging after the nimble woman, shouting, "No one makes Mallice bleed his own blood!"

Last edited by StoryTeller on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 am

Slick
Smiling despite himself, he begins to step back and retreat into the Inn to follow the very large, very angry looking Orge chasing after Anna. He hesitates, assured for the moment anyway that she would fair better then Shard at the moment, who looked to be on his last legs and needed to be sure that Allyister wouldn't take the opportunity to finish off his would be rival while he stood weakend and battered.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:09 am

Grunting from the blow, he has no recourse but to try and step back, narrowly avoiding a far more lethal blow as the Boulder's claws slam into his stomach, before collapsing.
"Dick." Shard spits, falling to his knees and bringing a hand to his stomach to staunch the bleeding. Breathing heavily, he rolls his eyes up to the stone wall and willing it to crumble away into dirt. He surveys the rest of the garden, deciding the rest of the clean up could wait. Then spotting Allyister he sighs.
"Oh you're here...I almost didn't notice with all the non helping." He says, "now help me to the infirmary if you will."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:02 am

Stepping over to Shard. "You know, if he would have kept his distance he would have killed you in another 2 and a half minutes." He says reaching down and helping him up, albeit roughly. "Let's take you to lick your wounds." He says leading Shard back up to the infirmary.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:06 am

"Never tell me the odds, and never count me out, he was stronger, older tougher than me, but I still won. Remember that you wanker." He sighs, "Besides, that reminds me, you're still a cunt." He mumbles letting Allyister lead him back to the Inn.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Slick
Slick stays leaning against the railing for several minutes after exchange, going over everything he's seen and witnessed. So far from what he's seen Famine seems to be sending her weakest members to attack and test the defenses of the Inn, with the exception of Boulder he was ranked tenth and now he couldn't help but wonder if she was getting more serious. Under usual circumstances Boulder would have/should have taken Shard off the board. Which of course would have forced his intervention to save Watcher, but it would mean he would officially be throwing in with Allyister. But it would make him a target for the others. Plus he didn't fancy taking orders from Cain if he could prevent it.

"What game are yo playing at Famine...." He asks himself, slipping back into shadows. He would have to gather more intel to help Anna and Shard prepare for whatever's to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calling out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling out   Calling out Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: The Inn's Yard-
Jump to: