It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Restocking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:29 pm

"I will have to give my options some consideration." Grinning at his assumption that she would be mischievous enough to change his sex, Hetty shakes her head. "Don't worry. I'd rather not make more work for myself. It's easier to just go along with one's current... assets and just do some basic tweaking with certain aesthetics. You're own mother won't recognize you when I'm finished."

Turning serious, the mage takes her time in assessing Slick and creating a new mental image right down to what he smells like. "Things like this are more successful if I have a focus object. Something that means something to you that I can latch the spell onto. That way you won't need me to toss it on or off as needed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Slick
Pondering for a moment, he reaches into fest and hands her a lockpick. "It's my first lockpick, I call it picky, and has worked wonders on clearing the sinuses as well." He explains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Hetty looks from Slick to the lockpick with a look somewhere between disgust and the fascination one reserves for a train-wreck. "You hold onto that. Being able to see the object is sufficient."

She settles herself into a more comfortable position. That it is outside of the man's reach is a matter of professional safety. Focusing on her spell, the mage begins weaving the illusion around Slick and tethering it to the pick.

Hetty appears to be in a deep meditation to anyone who isn't able to see the aura signifying a magical working surrounding her. Due to the need to fool senses other than just the visual, it is complex work that takes the better part of an hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Slick

Sits patiently, twirling his thumbs, and thinking how he's over worked, underpaid, and seems to have no control over his life, swearing at times he can almost hear his life being narrated or controlled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Finishing the young woman leans back, opening her eyes and viewing her work with a critical look. Satisfied that it will hold up under even the most persistent investigation Hetty makes a few minor tweaks and stems the flow of her magic.

"That should suffice. Though I suppose you've already given it some thought; a new name would probably be recommended. Slick isn't exactly common. In the matter of payment... I think I will give it some more thought. But if you feel you have anything particularly effective against a harpist with the ability to alter the minds of a large mass of people I would be interested in some defense of offense. I can only protect so many people off the cuff from that sort of thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Slick
"Hmm, you're right, but you should probably come up with a name for me, I was nicknamed Slick when I was seven, and the name kinda stuck, and when Anna and I used to work together I wanted to call ourselves shooty stabby, or Shooty and thrower....I steal things, spy on people and things, infiltrate places I"m not suppose to be, being creative with names is not something I excel at."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Other than some wayward pets over the years, naming someone or thing is not a request that has ever been made of Hetty. The thought that Ms. Barton spent time working with the man raises some interesting questions.

"Something mundane and unexceptional... like George or David would probably be wise." Her curiosity outweighs the desire to keep her nose out of other people's business. And she needs a few moments to regain a little of the energy the spell drained from her. "How did you and Ms. Barton come to work with each other?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Slick
Ponders her question for a moment, "I suppose I couldn't very well call myself Dagger...How about Bruno? I knew a Bruno once, he was a seller of half truths of a thieves guild when I first started out to make a name of myself."

Then he raises an eye at her follow up question, considers her question for a moment before shrugging, "She caught me letting myself in a former patron's bedroom. I was searching for an artifact that had eluded me years, the Maltese falcon, usually even when people walk into a room that I'm in, I can hide well enough to not be seen. But she she drew a gun on me, only it wasn't on me, i twas at an assassin who had came in through the window. Long story short, there was a lot of shooting, a second assassin who I took care of, and a lengthy explanation on my part. Eventually she offered me a room, I stayed, was seduced by a succubus, she found out and saved me....That part was rather awkward being as we were midst coitus."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:09 pm

"I can imagine how that could have been less than ideal circumstances. Were the assassins trying to kill you or her? Originally I thought the security wards here were a bit above and beyond. But recent events have clarified the reasoning behind them."

Hetty is a bit too polite to give her opinion of the name Bruno. But then she's one to talk. Her given name isn't one others would consider flattering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Slick
Noticing her lack of interest in his false name, he offers, "How about Keapon Laffin?" And the Assassins weren't there for me, I believe they were there for her, or the prior occupant of said room, since she had offered sanctuary for him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:38 pm

She laughs at the name revision. "Very creative."

Rummaging through a few of the jars on the counter she finds the one she wants and pulls out a pair of cookies before silently offering Slick the jar. Nibbling on the treat brings Hetty back to feeling almost herself again. "Well this was a unique way to spend my morning. One thing I can say is I have not been bored here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:42 am

Slick
Bowing his head slightly before taking the offered cookie and biting into it. "Unique morning already eh? I have had several of those myself. The wizard Eranamus once teleported me to another country.....And he kinda forgot to make sure my clothes and belongings came along for the ride..." thinking he shrugs, "and he kinda missed the target destination by a few miles, and teleported me into a cave....ten miles away from the nearest town....Now that was a morning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Laughing, Hetty puts down the jar. "Are you sure he forgot?" The other viewpoint of this story is probably rather telling. She decides that, perhaps Slick is not touched in the head, but just enjoys his own sense of humor a bit much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:43 pm

"You never met Eranamus, he was...a bit of scattered, and he told me the last time he cast the teleportation spell he teleported the the person's clothes but not him. So just think about that next time you're an a dinner that some crazy old wizard can try to bring you to a place that needs you, and instead only teleports your clothing and suddenly you're just standing there naked." shrugging he adds, "So everything can always get or be worse."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm

"That does sound as though it could be a very unfortunate situation. I suppose we are lucky then in that respect as crazy old wizards are very few and far between these days." Finishing her cookies, catches sight of the clock on the wall and realizes how much time she has been dallying.

"As entertaining as this conversation has been- I think I should focus on my real work for a bit. As nobody knows you are here I would suggest using a door other than the one for the kitchen to make your grand entrance Mr. Laffin." Hetty is rather impressed with her ability to say that last bit with a straight face and wonders if that is really the name he has settled on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Slick

"True, I must admit a part of me always wonder to find the unfortunate individual ask him or her about their experience."

He nods, "Can't work all the time and I believe it was I who cast the first wards onto this place....Well not so much as a ward, as a spell. A very powerful version of the calm spell, that I cast with the aid of the magical staff I used to own, but now lost. Although I did manage to hide a tablet from Erana's peace around here somewhere. If you can find it, it should aid you in your work. The tablet when...activated fills an area or an establishment with peace and tranquility to any of those who wish or attempts violence on the premises. But like most spells, and wards, there are always pockets it doesn't reach and...well workarounds."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:46 pm

This new information regarding the odd man's self-proclaimed abilities causes Hetty to look at him in a somewhat different light. If he really is what he says than he could be a very useful person to have around. The mention of the magical staff gives her pause. "Mr. Cain mentioned that he was looking for a staff..." The words are said as a mutter to herself.

Every spell has a counter-spell she is very well aware. If the staff Allyister is looking for is the one Slick is referring to that could utilized to rip away a fairly important layer of protections around the inn. To Slick she say's, "You may want to find your staff." And she would very much like to spend some quality time strengthening and adding to the inn's protections.

Distracted by the whirlwind of thoughts in her head, Hetty drifts back to the tap room to gather her things and get to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Slick
A look of confusion sweeps across Slick's face, and he opens his mouth to tell to tell her the two staffs weren't both one in the same, but she parts before he can correct her in the manner and so he drops it.

Then with a sigh, he picks up a tray of food slips through the door back to the tap room, shaking his head over Hetty's lack of faith in his stealth abilities. Some of the best tactics in entering or leaving any place you don't belong is picking up something and appearing to be busy with a deed of some sort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:57 pm

The first thing Anna sees as she slowly descends the stairs into the kitchen is the mess of plants that she still has not had a chance to finish prepping and putting away. A logical place for an everyday item that is out of the way of the general public.

The second thing she notes is the cake with the fingers-worth of icing missing (thank you Slick.). At the bottom of the stairs, Anna places the broom in the corner. Figuring it can't be served anyway, she pulls a plate out of the cupboard and cuts herself a slice. After the way the day's been going she deserves it. Opening a drawer, Anna digs out a fork and takes a bite of the treat, closing her eyes and humming her approval.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Anna's eyes snap open at the commotion caused by Shard running into the room and grasping for an illusion of Hetty. It takes her a second to process the situation, by which time he has already rushed back out of the room. She takes a mental inventory trying to figure out how functional she actually is for a crisis. Figuring she could be in worse condition, Anna pulls the pistol she keeps in the kitchen from it's spot in the junk drawer and rushes (which at this point is a fast walk for her) up the stairs to see what the next bit of fresh Hell awaits them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restocking   

Back to top Go down

Restocking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Kitchen-
Jump to: