Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mumble grumble grrr

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm

"I can't say if you are correct or not my friend, I can see aura's yes, but in this world I can see more, tangles and knots. But friend Shard seems surprised by the things I say.." He pauses, craning his neck as if to listen to another conversation. "This word, I've heard it many times since I arrived here. What is this word slave?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:16 pm

"Festus bei um canaverum!" Shard says in his natural tongue, before sighing and shaking his head. "Hetty I'll defer to you to explain it to him."
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Hetty's look ranges from concern to disgust at Cole's question. "A slave is a person who is owned by another. Much in the way a farmer owns cattle, a slave owner owns people. They are typically used for hard labor or tasks one wishes not to do. Often slaves are abducted from their homeland and brought to a new land against their wills... and many are born to slavery from there."

Knowing this is a practice that is gaining much disfavor, and is not practiced in this area to the best of her knowledge as it is not exactly legal, she is curious. "Where or who are you hearing this word from?"
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Cole looks at Hetty confusion evident on his face.
"But a person has mind, will and a soul, these things can not be owed. Who decides one is a slave or not? And why do these people let others treat them so? I don't understand..." Then looking up at Hetty with a shrug, "Passing patrons and one or two folks outside....but it's strange, some speak of it like....it's gratifying in some way, I've heard the word dominatrix....I don't understand that word either. Unless it's akin to dominer....a ruler in some of the lands in my world."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:20 pm

"Being a slave is not something a person would voluntarily choose to be. Normally fear and a sense of hopelessness holds someone in that position."

At Cole's further explanation, Hetty cocks her head to the side concerned, until he mentions the term 'dominatrix' at which point her cheeks grow a very bright shade of pink. "Well... that's certainly a different matter entirely."

Having only a vague idea of that particular set of tastes she suddenly finds fixing tea for the three of them very interesting; leaving any further elaboration to the more worldly guests at the inn- such as Shard.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Turning to Hetty, "I do believe I'd love a cup of tea myself now," he says feeling his mouth go dry. And turning to Cole, "There's two kinds...one as Hetty has explained is thankfully now frowned upon by most groups, but there's a second kind....of slave..." he says strangely uncomfortable himself, which he finds as very strange. "I'll draw you a diagram." He says, grabbing a piece of parchment from the table, turning it over to the blank side, ponders for a moment before producing a pencil from his pocket and sticking his tongue out between his teeth begins drawing a easy to follow diagram."

When he finishes, he quickly grabs for one of the cups of tea and takes a drink while handing the diagram over to Cole. Hoping it would answer his questions on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:44 am

Cole takes the paper, and studies the diagram, turning it this way and that, squinting as he pulls it closer to his face, frowning before pulling it away and scratching his chin, before looking up at Shard.

"I still don't understand friend Shard, I wish one of you would just tell me. This is strange." He says glancing back down at the paper.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:28 am

Shard opens and closes his mouth several times as he tries to formulate an answer, while glancing at Hetty for help, seeing none, he turns back to Cole, "The Diagram wasn't enough....Well that's good I suppose. Because the thought of you trying any of that frightens me more then just a little."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:30 pm

"I can see this makes you feel uncomfortable friend Shard, for that I'm sorry, I'm just curious about this world and how different it is from my own."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Drinking her tea she makes a mental note to ask for the recipe. "We don't fault you for wanting to understand or explore the differences... there are just some matters that are a bit more of a personal nature."

Having caught sight of Shard's rather crude diagram she has confirmed this is not an area she would be adept at explaining well. "Perhaps the Ms. Barton could point you to the appropriate establishment for that particular area of inquiry."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:04 am

Trying his best to refrain from snickering to himself, with only partial success, "Ixnay Onyay ethay ostitutionpray andyay ethay Innyay eeperKa." He says, adding, "As much as I would find that conversation funny...Plus he'll probably turn them all into nuns knowing him." He says with a chuckle before adding. "And of course the place would probably become a convent And that's just not good business for the town here.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:19 am

Hetty gives Shard a very confused look as she works out the meaning of his gibberish. "You know that's not real Latin right?"

Shrugging she stirs her tea and flips the book back open, doing her best not to grin and failing miserably. "You're just afraid they would like him more than you. They'd probably find him endearing, adopt him and then we would never see him again. Which, I for one, would be disappointed about."

Glancing up she smiles to Cole "I rather enjoy having you here. You're helpful in a fight and it's fun to see Shard's face when he gets all baffled."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:07 am

Cole looks at Shard with sympathy before turning to Hetty, "Is he alright?" He pauses, recalling the gibberish he said before turning quizzically at Shard. "Did you have a stroke friend Shard?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 am

Guffawing, "I'm quite alright Cole I assure you," Then to aside to Hetty adds, "And I have you know, even though I don't disapprove of courtesans, I've personally never saw in the point in paying someone to pretend to love...." He trails off, glancing at his diagram, "Or hate me.. However their services have been useful to me in the past. You'd be surprised how easy it is to slip past guards and how easy it is to slip vital documents from nobles when they're distracted by a pretty face."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:49 pm

In answer to Cole's question Hetty laughs. "He's normal for him."

Amused by Shard's quick defense Hetty sets her teacup down. "Speaking as a noble with a pretty face, I can assure you Mr. Gallows I am well aware how effective that type of ploy is. And before you jump to conclusions, the answer is no. I prefer not to manipulate others to pave the way for others to obtain blackmail which, more often than not, is the the reasoning behind such games in those circles."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Bowing his head, "I meant no disrespect, and I know you're that type of woman. That being said, employing said tactics have been mutually beneficial in most cases, I paid well and the acts saved several countless lives." He smiles and nods, "And yes sometimes it was saving my own skin, but it was either have them distract the guards, or soldiers for me to escape, or that I kill said men who were merely doing their job. But I'm no fan of the games most nobles play with each other and those they deem beneath them."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 pm

"No offense taken. There is a reason I chose to go against the norm and pursue my non political interests."

"Speaking of devious things, I would like to ensure the two of you are a little more mentally guarded in the event that that musician returns. I'm working on a charm and a piece of hair from each of you would allow me to make it much more effective."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 12:31 am

Slick Aka Keapon Laffin

Having masquerade as a servant he finishes his self-assigned duties, depositing his tips into the pocket of a poor farmer whom he discovered was struggling to keep his family's well-being afloat. Satisfied that no one else knew or much cared about his true identity. He makes his way to join Shard, Hetty and Cole, pulling up a chair and pretends to drop the silver coin he used to test Anna, letting it roll across the floor and into Cole's foot, where it stops and falls to the floor. Then plopping himself down, sitting backwards in the chair with the arms resting across the top of his chair.

"Mind if I join you lovelies for a spell?" He says giving a wink to Hetty.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Looking strangely at the man, Cole leans down and picks up the coin and holds it out to the stranger, "You seemed to have dropped this against my foot." He says, "And mind you, I'm not entirely fond of magic as it were."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Watching the happenings with bemused expression he smiles at Keapon Laffin, "Well that's slick."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:08 am

Still back on her question, Hetty shrugs and goes back to her tea talking under her breath. "I will take that as a no. Suit yourselves."

With a bemused smile to Slick/Keapon, she motions to the chair he's already seated on. "By all means, do join us." About to say something in regards to Cole and his preferences regarding magic, Hetty reconsiders. It is topic that could very easily turn into a deep discussion ranging anywhere from types to morals and she is fairly certain the answering of those questions would be rested on her capable shoulders. While normally it is one she would love to dive into, there are other matters requiring her attention at the moment.

Feeling a bit more refreshed from Shard's special blend of tea the young woman pushes her chair back as she gathers her things. "If you'll excuse me gentlemen, I think I should probably seek out a somewhat less entertaining work-space."

Giving them all a bright smile she bustles up the stairs to her room for some quiet time communing with the inn.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Keapon/slick
"Ixnay Onyay ethay amenay youyay orseshay assyay" Says, Keapon. Accepting the coin from Cole, thank you very much my friend. I can be bit of a clutz sometimes, I'm Keapon Laffin, you?"
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Cole frowns and looks confused. "Now it's happening to him," He says turning to Hetty and remembering she had gone.
"And now I'm alone in a sea of gibberish I fear."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:30 pm

"No ones' laughing though," Shard says with a grin, reluctantly moving to the cushion seat Hetty vacated. "No worries Cole, this is my friend. I'm sorry what was you name again?" He says with a playful tone.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Slick/Keapon
"Keapon...Laffin." Slick says evenly." Glancing over at Cole. "I apologize I was speaking a vague dialect, that only a few actually understand, and it's meant to sound as gibberish to throw off any could be ease dropping. But tell me Cole, where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mumble grumble grrr   Mumble grumble grrr - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mumble grumble grrr
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: