It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Typical Evening

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Cole moves quietly through the crowd, despite his appearance. he manages to fade through the growing throng of people quite easily, and moves silently up behind the harpist closing his right fist. He wasn't totally against striking a woman, from his world women were just as dangerous and as deadly as many man. So he doesn't hold back when he brings his fist down towards the back of her head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 pm

"Harp Sting?" Shard asks, glancing quizzically at Hetty, before turning to watch Cole weave his way through the crowd. "But I agree, manipulating one's thoughts and actions is intrusive and violating, however, even if Cole succeeds, there's no guarantee that her control will stop, or how long it'll last once she stopped playing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:52 pm

“But at least she shouldn’t be able to alter what has already been done to our detriment. In theory… I’m not sure though. Mind control is not my area of expertise.” Hetty bites her lower lip as she thinks for a minute.

“It will hopefully at least keep the room from turning on us if she has to be neutralized. I think an explosion could go off and the crowd would still be buying drinks as long as she can’t sway them in another direction musically.” Standing, she smooth's out her skirts and looks around the room for any other potential problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Allyister Smiles and stifles a laugh at her comment, "As I'm well aware Ms. Barton, the Inn's history isn't entirely lost on me.

And nodding at the paperwork, "I believe you will, I'm not one to hide legalities, through clever wording and burying the conditions. I believe the straight line is often the best path to take."

"But pleasure of doing business can often be fun as having just one or the other, but why not make the best of both worlds?" He asks, lightly squeezing her hands in his.

"I'm glad I intrigue you, I just hope I can keep your interest and continue seeing that smile tomorrow night, let's say around eight?"

Eden Rose Laughs as she dances out from under Cole's would be blow and turns to him.
"My, aren't you a big man? You think I didn't notice you and that my enchantments wouldn't just become stronger the closer you are to me?" She she says, in a low whisper as she continues plucking at the harp strings. "I see you are strong of mind as well as body, so I'll command you to return to your friends and tell them I'm just a harmless harpist spreading good music and cheer and there is no harm done."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:40 pm

"You'll keep it as long as you don't do anything to loose it." Leaning forward, she whispers into his ear, "In the meantime, I look forward to seeing how well business and pleasure really do mix."

Stepping back, Anna slides her hands from Allyister's. "Eight it is. Now if you'll excuse me Mr. Cain, I do think you've distracted me from my work long enough. Enjoy your evening."

She turns back to the bar to put the paperwork in a safe spot for the time being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Cole blinks, and his brow winkles at the young woman, suddenly feeling out place, like he was infringing on the woman and that everyone was suddenly watching him, when in fact he was still unnoticed by the crowd thanks to the illusion. But seeing the woman looking so Elogant, beatiful and innocent looking, he turns from her shaking his head, making his way slowly back to Hetty and Shard.

": Wrong, wrong, wrong. Wringing me out. Wrought right and rigid. Can't relax. Can't release...We were wrong, she's an innocent...." He says struggling with the words, before glancing back at the harpist, "No it's all wrong, she got into my head, stronger, louder the closer you near."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:10 pm

"This is beginning to seem like one of those 'pick-your-battle' times. Yes people are being controlled, but the only thing that appears to be harmed is their pocketbooks... which could be reversed if Ms. Barton is made aware of the situation once this," Hetty waves her hand indicating the room "wares off. Whenever that may be. It's not permanent, that much I can tell."

"I could get close but as she has caused no lasting physical harm I won't kill the woman. I might be able to disrupt her. It's a big might. The question is, at this point is it even worth playing my hand? Shard. It's your call as chances are the aftereffects will land most squarely on your capable shoulders."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Nodding in agreement wth Hetty. "I hate to say it, but I'm afraid you're right." Looking about the room, he frowns, "I'm resistant, but not completely immune, much like our friend Cole here," He says nodding to him. "I believe Cole's mind is strong....er, strange enough to keep himself from doing anything he's morally opposed to." He explains, "But there are way too many people here, and it may not be able to control me, but it is making me....like the asstrocrat...another hour or two of this I may end up wanting to marry him." He mutters.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Allyister smiles, and nods a goodbye to her, before turning to glance at the Harpist, no longer believing that having here here was really necessary, so he signals for her to wind it down.

He then turns ordering a drink from the bar, and turns to watch the people enjoying the show, their drinks and their food."

Eden rose Smiles, and nods at Allyister's request, singing,

Hetty Was Never
Hetty Was Never

Hetty Was Never
Hetty Was Never
Hetty was never an agreeable girl—
Her tongue tells tales of rebellion.
But she was so fast,
And quick with her bow,
No one quite knew where she came from.

Hettywas never quite the quietest girl—
Her attacks are loud and they're joyful.
But she knew the ways of nobler men,
And she knew how to enrage them.

She would always like to say,
"Why change the past,
When you can own this day?"
Today she will fight,
To keep her way.
She's a rogue and a thief,
And she'll tempt your fate.

Hetty was never quite the wealthiest girl—
Some say she lives in a tavern.
But she was so sharp,
And quick with bow—
Arrows strike like a dragon.

Hetty was never quite the gentlest girl—
Her eyes were sharp like a razor.
But she knew the ways of commoner men,
And she knew just how to use them."

Last edited by StoryTeller on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Hetty pales, remembering her offhand remark to Cain earlier. She spots Anna by the bar and is releaved to see the woman with her back to Allyister. "That might be the goal. He wants to buy the inn... She doesn't want to sell. You get the idea."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Shard sighs relieved, "Oh thank the Maker, I was afraid he was going to try to court me, and I would not make a good wife.....I look horrible in dresses.... I really don't have the legs, or thighs for it, definitely not the bust."

Then turning to conspire with his new best friends, "So what do we do? Women," He pauses to look to Hetty, "No offense, "don't usually like to hear bad things about their new boyfriends as it were."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:01 am

"Make him disappear?" Hetty shrugs. Relationship advice has never been her forté. Most of the time she had been too engrossed in her own studies to realize when someone was trying to flirt with her. The ones that did grab her attention tended to bow out rather quickly after realizing she was more focused on her career than on stroking someone else's ego.

The lyrics of Eden's song make it to her ears. She stares at the musician with a look of disgust mixed with a touch of respect. Hetty's magics are such where it takes someone powerful or incredibly skilled in looking for such things to recognize.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Following Hetty's gaze, he turns to glance back at Hetty, "I think she's onto us, but I don't think she means any harm, all I can think of doing to you is wrestling you, but not here, someplace soft and comfortable." Shard grins, slightly disappointed no one saw to make a song about him, ot at least not yet."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:14 pm

She gives Shard a stern look, though the effect is ruined by the twitch in Hetty's lips betraying her amusement in her effort not to smile. "Perhaps that is a topic to revisit when you are not under the potential influence of magic Mr. Gallows."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:41 pm

"Petals fall open as lips shape words that rhyme. Candlelight softens the edges, he sees you tied, but tenderly, loving in the letters of a word that would stop it, knots in satin scarves." Cole says, watching two's exchange. Turning to pick up his bag, he turns to the two once more, "I like to help and kill things that hurt others, if you need me, I'll be in my room meditating, getting her words and tongue out of my head and away from my ears." Then turning he makes his way through the throng of people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Her second wind starting to ebb, Anna surveys the room seeing a slow trickle of people calling it a night. She decides it's probably time for her to retire for the evening as well. After everything that has gone on today she is beyond tired.

Pulling Helen, her 'second in command' so to speak, aside she asks the older woman to take care of finishing up for the night. With the additional serving girls in tonight, it shouldn't be too much of an imposition.

Pulling the paperwork from behind the bar Anna quietly ducks out of the room through the kitchen to the second floor and her own suite of rooms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Shard turns his head to glance in the direction of Cole. "Sometimes, I can't figure out if he's reading my mind, or predicting future, with the very real possibility of his brain possibly being scrambled during his trip to our world."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Hetty blushes a rather vivid shade of pink. "I think his brain is fine... other than the music bit." Not sure how to respond the other bit she fluffs her hair and settles on a topic change.

"So what do you think the chances of the inn imploding, becoming infested by big nasties, or seeing a mass suicide by music would be until at least after breakfast tomorrow?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Eden Rose Sings a softer song as the patrons slowly begin filtering out into the night.
"Once we were
In our peace
With our lives assured.

Once we were
Not afraid of the dark.

Once we sat in our kingdom
With hope and pride.

Once we ran through
The fields with great strides.

We held the Fade
And the demon’s flight
So far from our children
And from our lives.

We held together
The fragile sky
To keep our way of life.

Once we raised
Up our chalice
In victory.

Once we sat
In the light of our dreams.

Once we were
In our homeland
With strength and might.

Once we were
Not afraid of the night."

And just as she finishes her song, she goes to the bar and politely asks for a drink.

Outside
A roar can be heard, followed by screams, and micro tremors which shake the inn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:00 pm

The tremor causes Hetty to stumble. Reaching out she grabs Shard to catch her balance. "I shouldn't have said anything should I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Shard sighs, and helps steady her. "Yup," He sighs, "this is all your fault. I suppose one of us should go out there and see what it is all about, I'll loan you my bow and my quiver, while I'll take that nap and breakfast." He says smiling coyly.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 pm

"Ha ha very funny." She can't help but smile back at Shard.

"Maybe if we stay in here whatever is out there will go away." Hetty knows that that statement was probably very foolish and she at least will probably peek out to investigate rather than stay nice and cozy in the inn like a smart person would do. Not for the first time she wonders what she really signed up for in taking this job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Still holding her in his arms, "Well I suppose if whatever is out there continues it's assault, it could potentially threaten the very foundation of the Inn, and as much as I love being close to you, I doubt either of us would enjoy having the Inn pinning us together in a closeness neither of us could ever hope achieve no matter how hard we try." He grins, glancing at the door, just as someone explodes through the door, covered in blood, with their clothing ripped and torn, and begins ranting about a monster heading towards the Inn.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:09 pm

"You underestimate the strength of the inn Shard. These walls will not be coming in any time soon, even without my additional support."

Hetty untangles herself from his arms as the man runs into the inn. Before Shard has a chance to do anything she puts a protective barrier around him that lays flush with his skin. "It will move with you. It's not as strong as my bubble but it will keep you more or less in tact under normal circumstances."

Motioning towards the door she smiles. "After you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard Gallows
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Shard straightens his coat, and smooths out his vest, and unshoulders his bow, which he grasps loosely in his right hand, he nods and makes his way to Hetty.

"You know, we'd be better at this if you didn't spend some much time checking out m'ass." He says with as smile, before hurrying outside to greet whatever hellish monster was attacking the Inn this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Typical Evening   

Back to top Go down

Typical Evening
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next