Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

He smiled with shark teeth.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 pm

He turns to follow Shard to the bar, "That man... Doesn't act like a Unick, they're usually more passive, feminine, broken." He says looking up the stairs.

"Where is this place, why are the people staring at me strangely, and why do you look that way, not like people, I mean. Your Aura is... Strange." He then spots someone else's drink sitting unattended at be bar and takes it for himself and gulps it down.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:30 pm

As Anna walks down the stairs she scans the room for Shard and the stranger. She is not surprised to find them at the bar. Weaving through the room, saying quick hellos to those she knows Anna eventually makes it to them, placing the pile of clothing on the bar in front of the man.

"This clothing should fit, though if it doesn't just let me know and I will see what else I can find. My name is Anna Maria Barton and I own this inn." She smiles kindly to Cole.

"I appreciate your help earlier this morning- your fireballs made my life a touch easier. It's also nice to know I am still capable of running as quickly as I used to."

Filling three mugs with ale, she places one in front of each of the men and takes a sip from the third. "So what is your name and where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Shard lifts his mug to thank Anna for the Beverage, and takes a long swill, then placing his mug back on the bar, he lifts the glove on his right his left hand and nods at the fading but still glowing marks on his hand, thus confirming his suspicions.

"His Name his Cole, and he's really, really not from around here." Shard answers, but turning his stool now curious at the latest gossip. "Fireballs? First you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention."
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm

On her way passing through the kitchen the cook Helen hands Hetty a tray of food to take out. Realizing she has barely eaten anything all day Hetty gladly complies.

"The wall is a little better off than it was," she says as she places the heaping tray on the bar and helping herself to some of the bread and cheese and motioning everyone to dig in. "Tomorrow I'll put a little more fanesse onto it."

Glad to see the stranger from earlier up and about, she smiles, her eyes remaining politely on the man's face. "I'm Hetty. You look much better than the last time I saw you."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Cole's eyes go from the pile of clothes before him and back to Anna, then back to clothes, considering her comment and figuring the clothes were payment for aiding her, even though he felt conflicted in the matter being as had also received first aid from the woman and maybe the others. He grabs the shirt first to pulling it on, finding it to be a tad big snug.

"I thank you, for you aid as well...I must confess. I never saw a demon like that, all this feels like...Looking at the world from the other side, far away but real. But the Fire I learned from the school of the Mortal Flame, here in...." He seems unsure, considering his words carefully before finally answering "Japan, but none of this, and your English feels right. Who's territory are we in?"

He glances away from the Anna for a moment to glance at Shard. "I don't understand your comment. How can I be far away when I'm here?"

Now turning to Hetty, he gives her a small and respectful bow. "Is it you I must thank for your aid? I must be honest, I can't repay, I have no money, I can only repay you with my services. I'm a skilled fighter Ma'm, but I can also cook and woodwork."

Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:02 am

A bit taken aback by Cole, she shakes her head and motions in the direction of the others. “You mostly have Shard and Anna Maria to thank for helping you out. I suppose you could consider my contribution moral support.”
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:03 am

Anna sees what Shard means about Cole really not being from around here. She also makes a note to find something that may fit him a bit better. “I always appreciate help in the kitchen… and it seems there is something that always needs to be repaired. Your help in those areas would be fair reimbursement.”

Filling a glass with water from a pitcher behind the bar, she puts it in front of Hetty, who she knows does not care for ale. Picking up a bunch of grapes, she plops a couple of them in her mouth and chews thoughtfully. The school of Mortal Flame is not something she’s ever heard of but it sounds intriguing. She guesses he is some kind of monk or something of that ilk.

“We are in Suffolk, England. Do you remember anything from before our backyard monster attacked you? Such as how you arrived here?”
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:30 am

Cole nods his thanks to both Anna and Shard. "Morality is also very important." Then turning to Anna, he looks shocked, "England?" He shakes his head at the revelation, clearly trying to comprehend what he'd just been told. "How is this possible?" He stares imploringly at Anna "I was Kyoto Japan, I had just graduating with my two brothers, our master was giving us our gear to venture out into the world. When the demon struck. He slayed our master first, my brother fell shortly after, I know not if he still lives or not. I still fought the demon, but.....he had beaten me, and was about to kill me. There was a light. When I awoke I was here."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:15 pm

"That was you falling through a rift my friend." Shard explains, taking another long swig from the mug and ordering another. "We, meaning mostly you, are in a different world, with different rules and laws and timeline, confusing as fuc-" He cuts himself off as the bartender brings him his second drink, which gladly accepts and tosses back."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:58 pm

"How horrible! Being attacked by a demon and watching those close to you die before being thrust into another place all together and having to deal with our nasty creature. I can't imagine!"

Not wanting to give voice to the next thought she has the realization that if Cole passed through a rift, did the demon come as well?

Doing what her parents actually would like her to which would be the typical get married, have lots of babies and live in some very peaceful countryside is starting to sound somewhat appealing. But only until she remembers how positively boring it would be.

Not sure what the proper protocol is regarding strangers who have undergone recent traumatic life events is, she settles on what she would want under the same circumstances. Seeing alcohol has already been provided she settles on the next best thing. "Would you like a hug?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Finally reaching the point of having a nice buzz, Shard turns and opens his arms wide, "Yes, I would love and am in desperate need for a hug!"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Rolling her eyes Anna takes another drink of her own ale. She thinks about offering to smack Shard upside the head, but would rather like to see how Hetty handles this one.

"My condolences for your loss Cole. You are welcome to stay as long as you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Shard's opportunistic reaction makes Hetty chuckle. "Mr. Gallows, I do believe you are trying to take advantage of my good nature."

She also has a suspicion that in his slightly inebriated state the man will try to take advantage of the situation and go for more than a hug.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:31 am

Cole nods his thanks to Anna, "I must still learn that thunder strike technique if you'd show me, " he says closing his eyes and bowing slightly to her.

Glancing backwards at Shard, Cole shakes his head, then leans towards both Hetty and Anna, "He hates it all because of the darkness behind the door. " Wisdom knows enduring is pain. He hurts for her, another of many he couldn't save. He carries necessary deaths and he hates it all because of the darkness behind the door, his darkness, he tries to lock away, for it leads to pain, for curious adventurer he believes some doors should stay shut."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Shard gives Cole a long sideways glance, "He doesn't speak for me, I speak for me...And see I told you he was strange." Realizing he wasn't going to get any compassion here, he turns back around to finish his drink.

"Although about the first I find myself curious as well. What is this thunder technique?" He asks cocking a brow at Anna.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:08 pm

“This thunder technique is referring to the rifle I used while... fuck. I knew I was forgetting something.”

Wincing as she remembers the body (or what remains of it after Cole's fireball earlier) left in the backyard once again, Anna Maria tries to figure out what vast amounts of highly flammable anything is on hand. Normally she isn’t this forgetful- and to think she was just looking at the wretched carcass only a short time ago. Perhaps the poison killed off a few more of her brain cells than she thought last night. Or the last year spent in these walls with really nothing exciting to note has dulled her wits.

“Break out the marshmallows. I need to start a bonfire.” Anna would hate to impose on the others any more than she already has. Relying on others to do what she is perfectly capable of handling on her own is a habit best avoided. So she goes into the kitchen to hunt down cooking oil and cheap liquor to flambé the creature carcass.

Last edited by Anna Maria on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Cole may come across as strange, but his words seem to be very much on the mark. As Hetty is about to say so to topic moves to firearms and Anna's backyard project.

"Oh dear..." At least they have proved that the inn has a resistance to catching on fire. "I would suggest seeing if she'd like any assistance but she has that 'stay out of my way or I'll add you to the burn pile' look on her face."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:25 am

Looking shocked at the mention of "Firearms? Such things have been forbidden for over 800 years where i come from, just possessing a part of one, an artifact, means torture upon death, and as well as your family, friends." Looking to Shard. "Man has gone beyond imagination with his capacity to destroy life with one push of a button. In my world, between uncontrolled crime in the streets and escalating war on the borders, it was all just a matter of time. From the ashes, a new world was born. The surviving nations finally realized that man's unstoppable appetite for destruction must be contained. A ban on all firearms and most technology is strictly enforced. And just as the sword gave way to the gun, the gun gave way to the sword; leaving the authorities to carry the hope of their nations on the tip of a spear, sword, or bowman, or from ways of the fist. Which is my way."

Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:49 am

"Cole, you will find this world very different from the one you know then. We are currently in a time when new technologies are being embraced. Electricity, trains, even airships though those are still a bit more uncommon." She remembers the exhilarating experience of riding in one on it's maiden voyage for the first time several years ago with the rest of her family. It is among her favorite memories, and she smiles softly upon thinking of it.

"Firearms here are common but it is extremely frowned upon to actually use them without good reason. There was a time when they were still new and had become widely accessible too quickly. Duels amungst nobles, who had the easiest access to the weapons, started to be fought with pistols rather than swords. Deaths skyrocketed and harsh punishments were put into place to prevent the stupidity."

"It is a good lesson keep keep in mind though. With growth often comes unforeseen problems or concerns. There is such a thing as changing too quickly. Without taking the time to adapt to new things and the changes they make within society, it is easy to muddy the waters and create a larger problem than the one that was trying to be fixed. And then, like what occurred in your world, the pendulum is likely to swing just as far in the opposite direction."
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 5:17 pm

"We had much the same in my world," Cole explains, "They say we even once united the world, and combined all the information in the world on devices that could access this data all in the palm of one's hand. But seeing all of this reminds me of a poem;One by one they follow me, drowning, into the sea....the rest of the poem is sad."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Shard nods, "And it started out so well..." Rolling bis yes Shard dips into vest pocket, and pulls out a small pouch of gold coins that he slams on the counter before Cole.
"Your world sounds equally fascinating as it is frightening, but if you're to stay I insist you accept this loan for your services as a fighter, that's what you said you we're right? But I want you to take this coin and buy yourself some clothes that actually fit."
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 7:21 pm

"There are some lovely shops nearby." Glancing at Shard she grins, "just try to avoid dark alleys and know that even if you think a woman is a prostitute, she probably isn't one." Hopefully a little teasing will help to ease him out of this darker mood a little.

"If you both will excuse me, I just spotted some of that creature's blood on my skirt and would very much like to add to Miss. Barton's bonfire." As she walks away Hetty pauses behind Shard and wraps her arms around him in a hug, planting a chaste kiss on his temple before going back to her room to change into something a little less blood-splattered and stinky (though the smell is purely her imagination).
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:05 pm

His head raises at the hug and a smile tugs at the corners of his mouth at Hetty's kiss. He quickly and gracefully rises to his feet.

"Well you know m'lady, I'll be happy to help you change, and I can promise you I won't peak...too much and my hands may only wonder a little. You know in all honesty, as you may know, but my hands are quite nimble."

Then glancing down at Coal, "Coal, I'll talk to you later, right now I have to see a woman about a cat." He says, before hurrying upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:11 am

Realizing he's now alone, Cole grabs the money Shard had left for him and having no pockets, he opts for just carrying the money in his hand. Standing he grabs the mug and quickly finishes his drink before turning and exiting the inn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

He smiled with shark teeth.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: