Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

He smiled with shark teeth.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StoryTeller

He smiled with shark teeth.  Empty
PostSubject: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:41 pm

Allyister Cain saunters into the inn, looking about the tap room with familiarity, he pauses at the door to lean back outside to shout to a small group of people behind him, "All clear, and no signs of a fire, I believe you al fell for for a practical joke."

Stealing further into the inn as customers begin to slowly filter into the estasishment behind him.
He spots Anna almost immediately "Be- I mean Mrs. Barton, as I live and breathe you're the very embodiment of your dear old aunt, and like you, she was almost always on her knees scrubbing the floors."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 pm

The sudden influx of people takes Anna by surprise. Pausing what she is doing she looks up at the man leading the group. His familiar comment takes her a bit aback, especially as her aunt is short, slightly plump, and brunette.

Rocking back on her heels she stands in one fluid motion, dropping the scrub-brush into the bucket of water. "Miss. I'm not married." Smiling she drys her hands on a rag hanging on a chair next to her.

"I see you have brought some life back to my inn this afternoon Sir. I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a disadvantage.You know me but I don't know you."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Giving her a slight bow, he extends his hand, "My apologies, Ms. Barton, I only assume that at least one lucky man would have the courage of marrying one such as yourself, and with you family being so progressive, I figured he would have option to take on the famous Barton name, but I'm Allyster, Allyster Cain."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

"Mr. Cain." She nods. "Alas I have not been so fortunate as of yet to marry a man willing to take on the Barton name."

Not sure why, she is hesitant to shake his hand. Chalking it up to the recent events she motions with her hands. "I'd shake your hand but my own hands aren't exactly clean at the moment. Tidying up and all."

Changing the subject her, what she hopes to be warm, smile remains. "What brings you to the White Wolf Inn?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Smiling warmly he nods, dropping his hand, "understandable but I don't know many who's hands aren't dirty," he says, taking a step back to admire the inn rather than answer her question right away.

"Well, a great many things bring me this way Ms. Barton, the first is to help, I have took the liberty of hiring a very talented Harper to play at the inn tonight, and I was hoping for maybe a room to stay in for, the foreseeable future, then when you're up to it, I would like to discuss some business regarding this fine, fine establishment."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:34 pm

"A harper? What a lovely surprise! I think we are due for some music here." One she is not sure she likes, but perhaps light entertainment is what everyone here needs. Recent events have just made her more skeptical of late.

"We do have some vacancies so a room should be easy enough to provide." Perhaps in the basement. Mentally she kicks herself for the unkind thought. Shard must have gotten to her more than she thought.

"Though if your business here is an attempt to buy out or invest in the inn I must be up front and tell you I am not interested in either proposition. It is strictly a family-only owned business." She gives him a regretful smile in hopes of easing the blow if that was what his aim is. "I do hope that does not deter you from wanting to stay for a bit?"
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Allyster gives her a bemused glance at what he assumes was a jab at him, but hearing about the inn wasn't up for a buy out he frowns slightly, but decides not to press the matter, not for the time being at least. "very well, I would still enjoy a room, but preferably not in the basement, there have been rumors of some unpleasantness in the bowls of the inn, that I do not wish to bring to light." He says with a grin, before turning to her. "Speaking, what on earth is that stench? And what has you on the floor cleaning? Surely the help could perform such duties, and not someone as exquisite as you."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Seeing 'the help' consisting of one of the serving girls and Helen walking through the door gives her a slight sense of relief. At least the people filling the room will be taken care of. "I wouldn't have my staff do anything I am not willing to do myself." She ignores the compliment, not sure if she wants to encourage him.

"There was a bit of an accident with some venison that was delivered. Someone let in a stray dog that knocked over some candles trying to get to the meat and all hell broke loose. You can understand why my customers were concerned about a fire." The lie is a convincing one and smoothly delivered. Man eating bug monsters are bad for business.

"There are many rumors about this inn. Many of them are false. I particularly enjoy the one about my great grandmother Alice keeping a pet dragon named Fluffy in the attic to keep watch over the inn's finances." Anna lets out a charming laugh and speaks to him in a conspirital whisper. "It was really just a very loud collection of parrots she had trained to sound menacing."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 11:40 pm

"That's very commendable," Allyister acknowledges, " I can respect that. I too enjoy getting my hands dirty from to time and showing my people how it's done."

Nodding at her explanation for the mess and the smell.

He laughs warmly at her joke, "Yes rumors, I do love how they grow and spawn, some have accused me of having a devils tongue, for how I am with managing my business's and sold my very own soul for a stake in good land." Then leaning closer to her in the same conspiratorial tone says, "In truth I do have a devil's tongue, I had to take it when he tried to taking back the fiddle made of Gold, that I won back in Georgia in the Americas. And i keep it as as a keep sake in my coat pocket, reminding me to never play with devils."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 11:54 pm

Coming down the steps, he turns towards the taproom and nearly walks past Anna and Allyister, when he stops and stares at the man and his fancy clothes, his posture and his damn smile and turns quizzically to Anna, "Who's this right cunt?" He says gesturing to the man with his thumb. "
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:23 am

She laughs. "You spin a good story. Though I am sure we all have our own share of demons, no? It will be interesting to see what rumors grow during my reign here."

Her eyes widen at Shards interruption. Looking at him with outrage (but laughing hysterically on the inside) Anna grabs the back of his arm. His reaction makes her feel a little more confident regarding her initial discomfort of the stranger. She squeezes gently hoping that he works with her for once.

"Shard Gallows, Allyister Cain. My apologies Mr. Cain, my dear friend here is the one who accidentally let in the stay dog that created a bit of the mess earlier. Unfortunately the poor animal was killed in the confusion. I'm sure you understand that his lack of manners is due to distress."

Looking at Shard, the angle such that Allyister can not see her face, she gives him a pleading look to play along. Hopefully he knows her well enough at this point to know begging is not something she likes to do. In the off chance this man is actually someone she wants to keep around she doesn't want to completely alienate him. And there are a lot of people in the room that don't need to be panicked if the situation is less desirable.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

Looking at Anna with a puzzled and amused expression, "Stray? Then looking of Allyister, then back to Anna, furrowing his brow. "Allyister?" Then glancing back in Allyister's direction. "Now where I have heard that name before..."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:22 am

Allyister's smile falters for a moment, at Shard's arrival and his comment, then nods humbly.
"Don't worry my dear Ms. Barton, if I was offended by every vagabond and common street urchin, I wouldn't be the man I am today." Then looking to Shard he smiles, "A bow and quiver, how quaint, but Mr. Gallows to answer your question you may know me from one of my many businesses, or many philanthropist endeavors."

Then turning to Anna, he smiles once more "So are any of the deluxe or master suites still available?"
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:19 am

“I look forward to hearing more about your business endeavors. Perhaps over tea by the garden after you’ve had a chance to settle in.” Realizing she had completely forgotten burned out carcass in the back yard in the midst of recent events Anna mentally kicks herself.

Assuming the thing hasn’t grown legs and wandered off… which is a distinct possibility at this point apparently, it will have to be moved. At this particular moment she is fine with either option which is a disturbing realization.

“Please excuse me, I will check on what we have available. There has been some recent turnover so I’m not entirely sure which rooms are available for use.” Maybe the gods are with her and Shard will offend Mr. Cain to the point where the man will choose other lodgings.

The last thing she needs is rumors going around that killer monsters are attacking her guests. It would take the inn years to recover even with the motley selection of adventure seekers (the majority of which have probably never even held a weapon, much less know how to use one) attempting to make a name for themselves. She has a feeling this man would like nothing more than to take advantage of such a situation.

Taking the bucket of water with her to the kitchen she puts it aside. Giving Helen a nod (that woman is a saint), she promises to fill the older woman in later and proceeds up the stairs to check on the status (and current view) of bedroom 3. She could always put him in the 6th bedroom which has no windows if the carcass is that noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Making his way downstairs and undoubtedly drawing attention to himself, as he's the only bare chested and barefooted man in the Inn, wearing dirty and blood stained Gi pants. He looks around the wearily about the Inn, brow furrowed as he stares back, at the gasping and gazing crowd he seems to have gathered. But ignores them as he proceeds to the bottom of the stares, glancing curiously at the pale man and the man dressed as a rich lord of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm

"What did he just call me?" He asks, turning to Anna to see she had left him with Allyister.

Then turning back to Allyister shakes his head. "Who are you? And don't say your name, I mean who are you really are? I know you can see past my glamour spell, and perceive my true appearance, because anyone not touched will have simply noticed a bow and a knapsack. Why are you here?" He asks, stepping closer to Allyister, with a hand hover at the hilt of the dagger hidden along his side.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Upon looking out the window of the third bedroom Anna sighs. The thing is still there. She supposes it’s probably a good thing as that means it’s not currently trying to kill anyone. The sixth bedroom it is.
_______

Leaving the room she uses the main staircase to the tap room, coming up behind Cole. “Normally I would chastise someone for not resting when one has been severely wounded and poisoned only a few short hours ago. You seem no worse for wear though so I’ll save my breath.”

Glancing at Shard and Allyister, she shakes her head. “I should stop Shard from trying to kill that man. I just cleaned up the blood from that spot. Please make yourself comfortable.”

Returning to the pair she raises an eyebrow at Shard before turning her attention to the gentleman. “Mr. Cain, I’m afraid at this time I only have one suitable room available. However I should be able to upgrade you to something with a window and access to the back porch tomorrow if that works for you?”

She gives Allyister her most charming smile, trying to shake the feeling that letting him stay is a bad idea.

For now she decides to blame it on the events of the past 24 hours making her paranoid and Shard's willingness to pick a fight with anyone; reminding herself that if it were not for Blaze's letter she would have not have integrated him so quickly into the affairs of the inn. Mr. Cain is aristocratic and a bit stuffy, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's evil.
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Turning to look at the woman, "I don't know where this is." He takes a moment to watch the people of the Inn, Shard and Alyister in particular. " So many masks..." He mutters following her cautiously, before leaning into to whisper back to Anna "You shine,but not where everyone can see...But I saw you shine, I saw the flash. What was it, I never seen a technique like that."
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Allyister smiles at Shards abrasiveness,"Relax archer, I believe I know things about you as well. And most long term residents of this city have always been able to see things as they are. " he laughs Patting Shard on the shoulder. Then turning to address Anna, "That would be lovely, thank you my dear." He then gives Cole
A glance, "I believe this fellow may be a bit touched if you catch my drift?" He whispers to Anna.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:49 pm

A little confused by what Cole is referring to she thinks back to this morning and what technique she was using. He must be unfamiliar with firearms she thinks. The rifle definitely flashes. Though she finds being told that she shines rather flattering, if unexpected. Shining is not something she would have associated with herself for a very long time. It makes Anna Maria smile a bit.

"Mr. Cain, let me show you to your room. I'm sure you've had a long day and would probably like to settle in." Though the rooms aren't exactly difficult to find, she would prefer he doesn't go wandering around where he shouldn't.

"Shard, would you be so kind as to keep our new friend company? I'll be back shortly." She makes a mental note to put a bottle of wine in Shards room. He's more than earned it at this point even if he does get under her skin.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

"Yes and find the man a shirt at least and charge it to my room, nice to meet you good sir," he says with condescension in his tone, then offer Anna his arm, "shall we?" He asks.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Taking the offered arm she doesn't believe anyone has done so for her since her time in Italy. How very courtly. Looking back at Shard and Cole she winces and mouths "sorry," disliking this man's treatment but holding her tongue for the moment.

She tries to avoid knocking people down a peg when so many people are present in the tap room as it usually involves a free round of ale at her expense and gossip about her customers. Instead, she guides Alyster up the stairs in the direction of his room.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Watching the two walk away, Shard glances at his shoulder that Alyister laid his hand on. "I suddenly feel the need to get a new vest." And seeing Anna mouthing an apology he shrugs and mouthes "Me too."

Before turning to acknowledge Cole for the first time.
"Hello stranger, so what should I could call you?"
Back to top Go down
Cole Ambrose

Cole Ambrose

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Cole nods towards Shard, "You may call me Cole, it is my name."
Turning he watches the woman walk away with the astrorcrat, "that man is sound and fury, but there is a void in him," and taking the time to stare about the inn. Adds "This is a sad place, filled with old pain. People spoke here, and something listened, until it didn't."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:35 pm

"Nice to meet you Cole, I'm Shard," and following his gaze Shard nods, "Yea, the void is his cock and balls," then at the second comment, Shard blinks...........for a rare moment he realizes he has nothing to say save one, "I could use a drink? Would you care for a drink? I think I need a drink." He then turns and wonders over to the bar still trying to comprehend what Cole said and stranger still was how it almost kinda made sense to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He smiled with shark teeth.    He smiled with shark teeth.  Empty

Back to top Go down

He smiled with shark teeth.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: