Shadowlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s England in the early 1900s, and very pentacle of human innovation and the dawning of a new technological revolution, but with it, came something else.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand new day

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Brand new day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:50 am

"Sprouted teeth and multiplied?" There is no way this can be good. Scratching the critter behind the ears lightly with a fingernail absentmindedly she watches Hetty do whatever it is that Hetty is doing.

As the girl finishes her little art project, Anna's hand moves to clutch onto the edge of the bar.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 pm

,Shaking off the momentary dizziness he felt, he Notices Anna grabbing the bar, he glances down again at Mighty the mouse. "Mighty says you shouldn't be afraid, it saw how you handled creature prime." Pausing he glances down at the mouse, "And he says if you'll allow it, he'll like to stay with you, he says he can help warn you...and claims he'll protect you, but now I think he's just trying to be brave."
Back to top Go down
https://shadowlands.forumotion.org
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Whatever Hetty did made Anna feel as though her insides were twisting for a second. The feeling now gone, she relaxes her hold on the bar.

"Afraid? No. Frustrated and a bit pissed off that the thing is multiplying. Why can't dead things just stay dead?"

Looking between the mouse and Shard she wonders if he is a special kind of crazy. Having seen what he is capable of proves that he probably isn't messing with her though.

"Mighty can stay as long as he stays off kitchen counters and doesn't bother the guests here." Making deals with a mouse... Maybe she's the one that needs psychiatric help. Though he is rather adorable.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:43 pm

"Mighty thanks you..." Then realizing he hasn't quite explained his communication with a mouse, he shrugs, "Oh, I don't just control and communicate with plants, my power extends to that of animals. Although I don't usually enjoy forcing my will upon them, but I found just speaking with them can be good enough."

And with that Mighty jumps from Scurries down Shards arm, earning a bark of laughter from his lips, as Mighty the mouse races down his legs across the floor, then up onto the bar, up to Anna's hand.

"I believe he believes you've adopted him."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Anna turns her hand over so her palm is faced up. The mouse sniffs it and climbs on.

"As long as he follows the rules. So any ideas on destroying many little creatures with big teeth and possibly wings without generating hundreds of other smaller versions of said creatures? Apparently firearms and impalement isn't the solution."

Hearing something over the din in the tap room she cocks her head to the side , trying to figure out where the noise that sounded an awful lot like screaming was coming from. "Hetty, out of curiosity, does whatever you did stop the general public from entering and leaving?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:26 pm

"In theory? The wards I activated weren't created by me but to the best of my knowledge they will only prevent anything with aggressive intentions towards the inn or anything therein will be barred from entry."
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 am

Smiling down at Mighty, "He glances up at Anna, "There not so tiny anymore. they grew and evolved like...prime apparently does."

Then glancing curiously up around the Inn, swearing he could almost hear someone screaming, but remembering this is a city and such a thing is bound to happen, he ignores it and turns to Hetty.

"What if something is already inside the Inn, or the grounds?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:04 am

"The grounds are not protected, though the wards do start becoming effective about a foot from the inn."

The second part of his question is one Hetty is not entirely sure of. She scratches her head as she looks at the partially deciphered wards.

"I don't know what happens if one is already inside. I think they would just feel very uncomfortable. The spells seem to be passive not intuitive so the wouldn't physically drag someone out with invisible hands. Is that screaming?"
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Snickering to himself, "Well that's too bad, I wouldn't mind seeing a monster or two, being dragged out of here by rear."

Then at her mentioning someone screaming, he cocks his head to one side, "Oh...you heard that too? I just figured such things were fairly commonplace in the big cities."
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:50 pm

"Bloody Hell." Anna walks out through the freshly cleaned kitchen that she suspects will not stay that way for long. Going for the gun she usually keeps in cupboard by the door she remembers that it was left with everything else she was wearing the previous evening in her room. Instead, she settles for pulling the knife from her boot before sliding out the kitchen door into the yard.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Glancing back at Hetty after Anna's sudden abrupt exit.

"So....should we follow her? Or is this a woman thing?"
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Still connected to the magic encasing the inn she gets the strong impression that something nasty is a bit too close. "Follow. Definitely follow."

Recalling the balcony on the second floor she goes to the stairs instead of following Anna Maria's path through the kitchen. From the higher vantage point Hetty will be better able to determine on how she can be useful.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:40 pm

The monstrosity that is the Gamma falls to stairs in front of from Hetty barring her path, and leaps at her with gnashing teeth.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Grabbing his bow, he manages to make it half way to the kitchen when he hears the loud thud, and turns in time to see the giant cockroach from hell.

"Bugger!" Then turning to see the many, many civilians shouts, "Fire!"

And draws an arrow from his quiver, and firing it at what he hopes to be the monster's chest, in hopes of hitting it's heart.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Screaming out in surprise Hetty ducks down, her arms instinctively going up to protect her head. A solid barrier of magic surrounds her, preventing the horrible teeth from reaching their target.

She vaguely registers the wave of people who had been enjoying what the inn has to offer fleeing out the front door.

Making a scooping motion with her hand, a nearby round table flys across the room, slamming into the creature.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:33 am

bouncing off Hetty's barrier, it crashes down the stairs and into Shard's body, slamming into into the wall, and and begins beating thrashing wildly at him with its limbs, clawing at him as it snaps its jaws at him in attempt to find purchase.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:08 am

"Son of a bitch!" Shard curses, as the creature slams into him forcing him drop his bow, as it pins him to the wall. Barely managing to keep the creatures jaws from closing around any part of him, and wondering how many arms and legs the damn thing has. Then screaming as a drop of the beast's saliva drops and falls to his chest, feeling it beginning to burn through his leathers and clothes.
It's out of a desperation that that he let's go of the creature's many appendages, to go for his dagger and try shanking the creature with one hand as he desperately tries to pull off his vest before the acid burns through his armor and reaches his soft flesh beneath.
Back to top Go down
Anna Maria

Anna Maria

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 am

(OOC: As this concerns both the yard and the tap room I am posting this in both areas for the sake of our sanity.)

The door is only a few short feet away when the monster sends its claws her way. Hissing as one of the unseen missiles slashes her shoulder and another meets its mark in her back, Anna Maria keeps moving. On the bright side she knows she has its attention.

Hearing the shout to move Anna puts in another burst of speed, reaching the door and ducking inside. If she’s lucky the creature will run into the wall and the wards which would hopefully be strong enough to result in it braining itself. Somehow she doesn’t think she’ll be that lucky. As the door slams shut behind her she sees a ball of red fire.

Anna starts to run for the stairs before her brain registers the chaos in the room. Without pausing she pulls the claw embedded in her out, ignoring the stream of blood now running down her back. Grabbing the railing, she uses it to balance her as she makes the turn up the stairs without slowing her run. As she passes by the other big ugly, she attempts to embed the beta creature’s claw into its friend’s neck-ish area.

Narrowly dodging Hetty’s bubble she shouts/asks as she runs past “Tell me the wards block fireballs!” Reaching the upper floor her hand reaches for a rifle stored behind the decorative molding on the top of a tall bookshelf in the hall before going out onto the balcony.

The man out there hopefully has enough sense and is physically able he should be able to try for the kitchen door while the critter is distracted. If Anna wasn’t so concerned that they were all going to die soon she would actually be finding this a bit fun.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:29 am

Before Hetty has the chance to do anything, Anna Maria whips around the bannister and runs past her yelling. The fireball thing is unexpected. “I think it’s fire resistant!” She really has no clue but they will find out soon enough for sure.

If the buggy creature can be separated from Shard she knows she can get a barrier around him as well. Taking a deep breath Hetty concentrates on using her abilities to magically pull the gamma creature off of him. Having never moved something living, much less this large it is something of a challenge for her. Inanimate objects don’t fight back when you try to move them. If she can just get them a few inches apart she can put up the barrier and release the monster that is starting to burn up her energy.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Roaring and tearing free of Shard, but not before stabbing him through the shoulder with one of it's arms, but now free from Shard, It turns on the new bodies spraying acid in all directions at lets out a a screech and begins barreling up the stairs back towards Hetty.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Once free of the monster, Shard lets out a muffled scream as the creature stabs him before finally being lifted from him, once free of the monstrosity, Shard leaps to his feet and pulls ferociously at his coat, vest and shirt, tossing them down just moments before the acid could burn through all his layers, bare-chested, chest heaving, he stands, seeing the Creature has chosen a new target, he makes a move for his bow, but pain lances up through his foot, from the night before, and knowing time is of the essence, he materializes a bow of pure magic and draws three ice arrows from his quiver and in half a heartbeat manages to fire and arrow into three of the Creature's limbs, slowing it's progress.

"Angel of my life, have you ever created a barrier inside something living? This beast seems to have thick hide, if you know what i mean?" And debates rather or not to try an explosive arrow on the monster.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:19 pm

About ready to put a barrier around Shard she pauses, seeing where his brain is going. It is nowhere near anything she has done in the past but in theory what he proposes is doable. Hetty bites on her lower lip in concentration as she starts to form a thin barrier between the creature and it's exoskeleton-like exterior.

"This is either going to kill it or really make it mad." The young woman hopes for the killing bit. Her own barrier is good for one, maybe two strikes like the last after this little experiment. If Shard needs one as well it will be shaky at best.

The foundation laid, she waves a hand, solidifying the barrier that will hopefully debilitate the Gamma creature.
Back to top Go down
StoryTeller

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:59 pm

Gamma pauses and looks up at Hetty in a most curious of manner, before it begins belching up blood and ichor, a moment before its body begins to expand and explode like a balloon, in a rain of blood and sinew.
Back to top Go down
Hetty

Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Watching with horror Hetty covers her mouth, slowly sitting on the stairs and trying not to be sick. Her shield thankfully blocks the gore from raining down upon her.

"I think it worked."

While she successfully (or at least she thinks it was successful, she's still not entirely sure) destroyed Gamma, the manner in which it was done leaves her shaken and not entirely thrilled with herself as her focus is in protection based magics. Not killing. Though Hetty does not regret what just occurred considering it was most definitely self-defense.
Back to top Go down
Shard Gallows
Admin
Shard Gallows

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Shard smiles triumphantly at the sight of his plan working, then widen in horror when he realizes the only possible outcome, he dives under a nearby table a second before the creature exploded splattering the inn with its entrails.

Taking a breath he crawls out from under the table and looks around disgusted, "If I say one thing it's this, I thought this guy smelled bad on the outside, also I'm not cleaning this up." Looking up and noticing Hetty's response, he carefully climbs the stairs trying to slip on any piece of the creature until he reaches her, and taking a moment to mop up the floor with a glove before pulling it off and tossing it to the bottom of the steps, he takes a seat beside her and puts a arm around her shoulders and pulls her closer to him.

"Let me guess, you never killed anything before huh?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new day   Brand new day - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand new day
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlands :: The Inn :: Tap Room-
Jump to: